Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Tour Tickets  (Read 13413 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Tour Tickets
« on: August 26, 2009, 12:46:36 PM »
What is the opinion of my fellow forumers, please, as to when the UK and Europe tickets will go on sale?  We are considering taking a holiday in September and as I missed the RAH presale due to being on holiday, it would just be my bad luck for it to happen again!  What do you think, should I take a chance and book a holiday?   :-\     Also, is it possible to still get good seats at the RAH now, or wait until nearer the concerts for cancellations, etc.   I would appreciate your thoughts!   ???

Goin' into Tow Law....

Rollergirl

Re: Tour Tickets
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 01:10:42 PM »
Well, stop going on holidays then!  ;D

Sorry, I believe the dates will be announced around the release date.

TK wrote: "The remaining dates for the 2010 tour will be 'rolled out' starting in September". There's no way of knowing when the gigs you are interested in will be announced... maybe somebody from the forum could contact you if it happens when you are away and you could rush to a computer?

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 01:17:41 PM »
Thanks Nat, I realise it's a bit like asking "How long is a piece of string?" !  ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Rollergirl

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 02:13:10 PM »
Thanks Nat, I realise it's a bit like asking "How long is a piece of string?" !  ;D

about that long.....

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 04:02:44 PM »
I'm going on holiday at the start of October, if the Edinburgh date hasn't gone on sale yet I'm just going to ask one of the kind AMIT members to get one for me, I'm sure somebody will be able to help us out Val. :)

I think it was the 05 tour, one of the forum members (I can't remember who) wasn't able to be online all the time as their wife was going into hospital, so they asked me to text them when the announcement about tickets came. I was of course happy to oblige.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 04:07:49 PM »
If I'm here, dusty, I would be pleased to help you out!  :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 04:25:50 PM »
Dont worry Val & Dusty we'll sort ye out :o

For the usual fee plus expenses ;)
If it aint broke dont fix it!

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 04:29:30 PM »
What is the opinion of my fellow forumers, please, as to when the UK and Europe tickets will go on sale?  We are considering taking a holiday in September and as I missed the RAH presale due to being on holiday, it would just be my bad luck for it to happen again!  What do you think, should I take a chance and book a holiday?   :-\     Also, is it possible to still get good seats at the RAH now, or wait until nearer the concerts for cancellations, etc.   I would appreciate your thoughts!   ???

Val, re the RAH tickets: firstly, the RAH pre-sale/sale was very early, almost a year in advance. I guess they tried to check out the demand on tickets? Secondly, the pre-sale had Arena A, B and C tix offered, so half of the arena for pre-sale, but later I figured out that some dear members got seats in Arena F etc. too. Hmm...Thirdly, my secret ticket dealer in London (don't ask me I won't tell you  ;D) told me that he won't get seats in Arena A or F at all. So, you can (only) hope for some returns or not taken guest seats.

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 04:45:35 PM »
I was having a similar holiday dilemma - and looked back at the times of the year the UK leg of the tour was - as I needed to book a holiday - so I
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 04:46:50 PM »
Thanks W/M and Martina - I must hope for the best!  :)   Maybe nearer the time of the RAH concerts there will be some returns!  

My other problem is that we are going on holiday next year for three weeks from middle of June to beginning of July and I really hope that the UK and/or some European concerts fit in OK.   I feel a headache and panic setting in!   :o
Goin' into Tow Law....

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 04:51:29 PM »
Hmm, didn't somebody say that the tour was starting in the US and therfore most of the Europe dates would be later?
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 04:55:00 PM »
When you take the tour logistics in consideration, MK cannot play one night in London and the next in Moscow. Usually he goes from south to north and then to east in Europe.

Rollergirl

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 05:00:43 PM »
Hmm, didn't somebody say that the tour was starting in the US and therfore most of the Europe dates would be later?

yip

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 05:09:49 PM »
In 2001 for the STP Tour, he played in the US in May and then returned to UK and played 3rd, 4th and 5th June at RAH.  Next he went to the near continent, Holland, France, Germany.  He returned to UK for the rest of the UK dates 17th July - 21st July  and then returned to Europe for Scandinavia and Russia.  If it is the same plan for the GL tour, then it is OK for me, but if he continues with the rest of UK after RAH, it will be a tight squeeze!  OUCH!! :o
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePyroaction

• Camerado
    • AFMK
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 02:18:51 PM »
I've heard of a possible participation of Mark in the "Nuits de la Guitare" in Patrimonio (Corsica, France) in July 2010.

http://www.festival-guitare-patrimonio.com/index.htm
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 44 queries.