Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Danny and STP  (Read 4204 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Danny and STP
« on: December 03, 2019, 11:02:29 AM »
I have been puzzling for a while since reading this post on Guy's forum:

Q:  "Hello Guy, I’ve been wondering why it has taken almost the whole tour up to the very last stretch of shows for someone to tell Danny that he was always too late with his “…stargazer am I” line in STP. Who was the brave one? 😉"

Guy:  "He was never late, he was just laying it back. I suggested going back to the original phrasing. No bravery attached."

Can someone explain, please, because it sounds normal timing to me, except that Danny is singing the line instead of MK?     :hmm
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineStiglar

• Local Hero
Re: Danny and STP
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 10:41:04 PM »
it's pretty subtle really,

from what I can tell he was placing the first word (a) after the next bar instead of before it , He probably just liked it that way. Being a percussionist I'm sure he has a lot control of rhythms like that. Funny someone picked it up, and that they actually had a discussion to revert to the original phrasing!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 09:35:37 AM »
it's pretty subtle really,

from what I can tell he was placing the first word (a) after the next bar instead of before it , He probably just liked it that way. Being a percussionist I'm sure he has a lot control of rhythms like that. Funny someone picked it up, and that they actually had a discussion to revert to the original phrasing!

Thank you for your explanation.    I must listen again more carefully!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 12:03:52 PM »
I have been puzzling for a while since reading this post on Guy's forum:

Q:  "Hello Guy, I’ve been wondering why it has taken almost the whole tour up to the very last stretch of shows for someone to tell Danny that he was always too late with his “…stargazer am I” line in STP. Who was the brave one? 😉"

Guy:  "He was never late, he was just laying it back. I suggested going back to the original phrasing. No bravery attached."

Can someone explain, please, because it sounds normal timing to me, except that Danny is singing the line instead of MK?     :hmm

Very laid back IMHO!!!
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 36 queries.