Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Could the mods create a sub forum for covers by AMIT members?  (Read 2553 times)

hunter

Could the mods create a sub forum for covers by AMIT members?
« on: February 09, 2020, 11:31:39 PM »
In the Almost Straits forum there are so many posts now with MK/DS covers by AMIT members that I feel that they are creating a lot of "clutter". It would be nice to organize these posts in a separate sub forum. Could this be done?

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: Could the mods create a sub forum for covers by AMIT members?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 02:37:47 PM »
In the Almost Straits forum there are so many posts now with MK/DS covers by AMIT members that I feel that they are creating a lot of "clutter". It would be nice to organize these posts in a separate sub forum. Could this be done?

Or they could just put them on YouTube and do us a favour.  The clutter will still be there no matter what sub forum it is in and show as unread posts.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePKnopf

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 02:55:07 PM »
Or there could be a specific fixed post that explained the intent and the general rules of this section, because it sounds like it is a section just for posting and discussing covers in general, am I wrong?

Anyway, I felt like the message is directed to those members, like me, that have been posting regularly here.

I'll center all my videos in one post starting from the next one, so I won't bother you anymore.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 03:08:28 PM by PKnopf »

hunter

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 03:31:46 PM »

Or there could be a specific fixed post that explained the intent and the general rules of this section, because it sounds like it is a section just for posting and discussing covers in general, am I wrong?

Anyway, I felt like the message is directed to those members, like me, that have been posting regularly here.

This is only my personal view, and others (including the mods) may disagree. If someone posts a cover once in a while in this section, I don't mind, but when people (you included) post very often, it's a bit much. The Almost Straits forum is, as I understand it, mostly about tribute bands, former DS members, and musicians related to Mark. Recently, a number of members have been wanting to show off their talents, which is fair enough, but honestly if people are interested in checking out MK clones, there is YouTube. And there is no shortage of people who attempt to play like Mark.

I'll center all my videos in one post starting from the next one

This is a good idea.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 11:29:54 PM »
It's quite common, even in the main discussion thread where a newcomer can open like 12 different topics with little questions. I used to post each cover under its own topic, but sooner or later it becomes obvious that it's not the best way to do it. So if you want to be nice just create a topic and post everything there.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 41 queries.