Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: I had the weirdest dream about MK (no worries it's not "weird" weird)  (Read 1293 times)

hunter

Just before I woke up today I had this very vivid dream which involved Mark:

----

For whatever reason I happened to be in a small typical old British cottage located in what seemed to be a village or small town. There were lots of other people too in the cottage. A couple of women asked me who I was, and I told them where I currently live, what I do for a living, that I had lived in Britain for a while (all correct).

At some point I sat down on a couch by a wall where Mark was sitting. He was reading a magazine, and he looked younger, kind of similar to what he looked like around 2000. I started chatting with him, without feeling shy or anything, and asked if he were planning a new album. I believe he said something like "yeah, I think we've got a least one more album in us". Then I asked him whether he had considered making something completely different than his previous albums. I don't remember his answer or reaction.

At some point he got up and moved into a different room, which turned out to be a studio. Very crude and simple, poor lighting. Like a basement, really. There were other band members there, of which I only recognized Guy. Mark gathered the musicians around him - they were all standing - and he started playing something on an acoustic guitar. It sounded folkish. Then Guy joined in on Hammond organ and started playing these cool bass lines that reminded me of baroque music (counterpoint and stuff), but he played with a swing feel, so it was quite jazzy. It sounded amazing.

When they stopped playing, Mark looked at me and said he thought I had been pretty blunt asking him if he had thought about doing something radically different, but thanked me for mentioning it, because it had inspired him.

I don't remember what happened next, except that Mark and a different fellow left and walked down the street. Mark wore an oversized puffy winter coat and quite ugly white woollen hat.

----

So weird to wake up after this. Felt so real. I don't really think a lot about MK or listen that much to his music, but I know that what I said to him in the dream were things I for sure have been thinking in real life and probably have discussed here or with other people. The music in the dream, though, was super exciting, and I actually feel a little buzz now as I think about it. Incredible how our minds work.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: I had the weirdest dream about MK (no worries it's not "weird" weird)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 09:45:49 AM »
Wow!!    What had you been eating/drinking?    Whatever it was, let me know and I'll have some!    ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

hunter

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 09:57:52 AM »
 ;D

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 10:06:00 AM »
That dreams are so amazing, I had some like that sometimes, LOL

Thanks for sharing!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 03:19:08 PM »
Wow!!    What had you been eating/drinking?    Whatever it was, let me know and I'll have some!    ;D

If you take some glucosamine/chondroitin/msm pills for joints, these vivid dreams start to show up frequently, it seems related to the MSM ingredient
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

hunter

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 03:48:17 PM »
I have no idea what caused my dream today, but I woke up early and fell asleep again for an hour or so. I find that when that happens, I often have very intense dreams.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 45 queries.