Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: KnopflerTK Unlimited  (Read 6298 times)

Offlinebinone

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Lady writer
KnopflerTK Unlimited
« on: February 17, 2020, 11:55:31 AM »
Hi, Amiters, I want to announce and invite you to a useful tool, yet known by some of us, but still unknown for some Amitters. Some of the greatest collectors here and out there have been working (and still do) to get the biggest collection of unofficial recordings, bootlegs, videos, interviews, and photos of Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits. We have also "normalized" them, renaming and tagging, and including covers and tickets, when possible.

But we wanted to make it accessible easily to all of you, following an old policy shared long ago "if I have it, you have it". Now, what was called "Knopfler Unlimited", has been integrated in KnopflerTK, the well-known tracker of Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits stuff. If you have an account there, you can now access this new tool recalled to "KnopflerTK Unlimited", and download freely those bootlegs you were searching for since ages, those DVDs, or that interview you remember and you never found again.

This is a live project, so if you have anything related that is not there, and you want to share with the community, please contact us to make it possible.

There are only 2 requisites: to have an account, which is free, in tracker.knopflertk.net, and to have a google account, which is necessary to access and download from there (will have it shared in your personal Google account).

We hope you really enjoy this facility and make use of it. And, if you can make it grow, we will love to make it accessible to the beloved Knopfler community.

Edit: Please, if you are willing to register to access all the stuff, and you have your old account in the tracker banned for not using it a long time ago, please, don't create another account, ask me or Pamplina before to unban this account. Creating another account results sometimes in a new ban.

Remember: The way to access is to log in first in the tracker account, and after that, register your google account in tracker.knopflertk.net/unlimited.php

Once you have done this, you will have access to Unlimited in your drive.google account in your "Shared with me " folder. Sometimes takes hours to show this folder accessible, but if you have done the steps right, it will appear there.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 04:34:50 PM by binone »

hunter

Re: KnopflerTK Unlimited
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 12:58:57 PM »
Fantastic initiative! Thank you!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 06:34:50 PM »
Brill.  Thanks for your tireless efforts.  :thumbsup
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 01:32:42 PM »
Finally we managed to offer what we had thought of 12 years ago, when we came up with this forum as a start.
Awesome effort by None and a few selected others, thnx guys!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinetngemini

• Guitar George
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 05:55:03 PM »
Hi,  Thank you for you huge efforts. Do you know what the future of Knopfler tk Web site will be ?

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 10:00:56 PM »
Finally we managed to offer what we had thought of 12 years ago, when we came up with this forum as a start.
Awesome effort by None and a few selected others, thnx guys!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Yes Pottel agree 100%. I still fondly remember our chat meetings online. We had people from all 4 corners of the planet linking up (early morning Oz time) to put together a plan to set up an International "fans run" forum to give our honor and display our man's talents with an aim of reaching a broader music demographic. The "songs" as you say were always a part of that and thanks to the great work of Binone and the guys from Spain making it accessible to the wider Mark Knopfler community our dreams have been realised. Thanks Binone!!  :wave :clap :thumbsup

PS
I was cleaning up an old HDD (one that hadn't sh-t itself) and came across the transcripts and meeting 'minutes' from those days!

Offlinecvstahl

• Local Hero
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 05:11:29 PM »
I followed all the instructions....already have an account on the tracker

Got the invite and accepted

I went to my google drive...saw the shared folder unlimited. I open it with 3 subfolders. But when I go to open one of them...they're all empty. Am I doing something wrong or have I missed something?

Thank you for any input/guidance!!  :think :wave

Offlinebinone

• Lady writer
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 05:29:22 PM »
I followed all the instructions....already have an account on the tracker

Got the invite and accepted

I went to my google drive...saw the shared folder unlimited. I open it with 3 subfolders. But when I go to open one of them...they're all empty. Am I doing something wrong or have I missed something?

Thank you for any input/guidance!!  :think :wave

Sometimes, it gets some time to appear all the folders. If tomorrow stays the same, please, tell me.

Offlinecvstahl

• Local Hero
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 05:45:51 PM »
Great.....thank you! :wave :clap

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2020, 03:37:22 PM »
Hello all,

Just recently, I decided to get rid of my entire Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler CD-R and DVD-R collection. It was years of searching the net, downloading, burning CDs and DVDs, printing or making artwork and of course listening to the music that we love.

It was fun doing this for more than 25 years. I was young(er), did it with passion and I loved it.

But for me it just became too big. I needed space in my house and I also think that I became older so… it had to go and that was it.

Luckily enough, 60% of my entire collection was already on hard-drives which means that I "only" needed to encode to FLAC and save the rest of it : heavy task AGAIN! Then a mate of me (also a member of the forum) reminded me that everything was available on the "Unlimited" thing, for which I subscribed a few weeks ago.

So well, that was just my little story to say thank you to everyone involved in this very nice project : it will help a lot and save a lot of my time. It's also great to know that all these years of great music are available for everyone who would need it.

Well done guys  :clap .

« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 04:00:07 PM by NicoMK »

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2020, 05:48:53 PM »
happy for you you Nico
but this also reminds me of something:
if anyone of you finds something in their personal collection that is not on unlimited, pls let us ("Binone" and myself) know so we can add it, for all fans to enjoy!
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2020, 06:39:08 PM »
This is absolutely amazing. A huge thank you to all the Team that has made this possible!

Is there a way to donate to this project? I couldn't find a link on the website.

Cheers!
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Offlinebinone

• Lady writer
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2020, 09:29:53 PM »
Donations are made to the Tracker (tracker.knopflertk.net) to maintain the server and the drive account but this year everything is covered, thanks to the fans' generosity.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 09:39:33 PM by binone »

OfflineEl Macho

• Lady writer
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2020, 11:20:37 AM »
my acount has been disabled by an administrator !
They got a name for people like you, yeh they do
And they got a name for people like me too
El Macho, El Macho

Offlinebinone

• Lady writer
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2020, 04:26:42 PM »
Please, if you are willing to register to access all the stuff, and you have your old account in the tracker banned for not using it a long time ago, please, don't create another account, ask me or Pamplina before to unban this account. Creating another account results sometimes in a new ban.

Remember: The way to access is to log in first in the tracker account, and after that, register your google account in tracker.knopflertk.net/unlimited.php

Once done this, you will have access to Unlimited in your drive.google account in your "Shared with me " folder. Sometimes takes hours to show this folder accessible, but if you have done the steps right, it will appear there.

And remember, every time there is something new or something corrected, will be published in the web
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 04:38:26 PM by binone »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 40 queries.