Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Coronavirus Covid-19  (Read 41745 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2020, 11:00:13 PM »
I guess I have to step in here. You both  are talking about the German Nazi expression "Endlösung", in English Final Solution, which was referred to the (in Nazi speech)  inhuman expression of "Jewish solution", which planned the and ended in genozide, Holocaust.

Now, first of all, Pensa is an not native English speaker. So even if "Final solution" has become a fix term in English language the same as in Germany, I find it a bit harsh from Dusty and also Pottel to push to it this somewhat secretly or almost arrogant way instead of just saying clearly what your problem is.

I am German and I read Pensa's post yesterday, believe it or not, and I absolutely did not think about that term the slightest, which of course is because I am not an English Native speaker myself. So maybe it's a little too much to ask from people who use not their mother tongue to care about really all historical and political intensions of any text? The good message of Pensa's post should have at least be commented by the two of you as well, don't you think? I am sure you will not intend to assume that Pensa used that term intensionally?

LE
Deffo did not think he used it on purpose!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Love Expresso

« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2020, 11:06:44 PM »
Ok then. If I would have been Pensa I probably would have preferred a clear answer as I know that both of you are eloquent enough normally instead of those hints. Maybe that got me going. His first answer showed clearly that he had no clue what you were talking about. Hate to get involved in stuff like this but felt I had to say something. Sometimes it's hard to shut up. I leave again. Bye!

LE

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2020, 11:55:07 PM »
Love Expresso it was a great clarification.

In France too we are avoiding using that term [when referring to something that is not related to The Holocaust].
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2020, 11:59:17 PM »
Ok then. If I would have been Pensa I probably would have preferred a clear answer as I know that both of you are eloquent enough normally instead of those hints. Maybe that got me going. His first answer showed clearly that he had no clue what you were talking about. Hate to get involved in stuff like this but felt I had to say something. Sometimes it's hard to shut up. I leave again. Bye!

LE
I DID day "ask a German".....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2020, 10:12:35 AM »
I’m sure it was unintentional, I just said it was unfortunate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2020, 10:54:49 AM »
It surprises me things like that are being discussed at all, of course it was unintentional. Luckily, for Russia this term is extremely formal ("Okonchatelnoe reshenie"), nobody says it like that except for this situation. It was hilarious when in late 90s Nokia did in fact use the motto "Jedem das Seine" in their marketing campaign, by which made A LOT of people angry.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2020, 02:17:49 PM »

LE

yes, I had no clue, I went to bed yesterday trying to guess, the outcome I am reading today is beyond my wildest dreams
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #127 on: May 06, 2020, 03:13:21 PM »

LE

yes, I had no clue, I went to bed yesterday trying to guess, the outcome I am reading today is beyond my wildest dreams
ok, so now let's move on, end of story. (i mean move on with the main thread topic and not WW2)

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #128 on: May 06, 2020, 03:56:16 PM »

LE

ok, so now let's move on, end of story. (i mean move on with the main thread topic and not WW2)

you have to tell that to Mr Valentino, who created an incomprehensible mess out of nothing
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2020, 04:01:01 PM »
i said move on. thank you,...nothing to see here folks....corona pls!

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #130 on: May 06, 2020, 04:09:42 PM »
No offence intended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #131 on: May 06, 2020, 07:42:40 PM »
 :smack
Once upon a time, there was a teacher who wants his pupils to tell him what he's just drawn on the slate. A boy named Axle would always be first to come with the solution, and it was a bottom, a poo, a teat, a willy, and a such things. Finally, the teacher warned him, "Axle, please stop your shenanigans at once!"
Axle responded: "How is that? it's all you! As if it's me who draws it all over!
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2020, 09:07:50 AM »
welcome back Stanko!

Offlineprimi

• Camerado
« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2020, 12:17:42 AM »
I find this most relevant  ;D

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2020, 12:28:50 AM »
I find this most relevant  ;D

A good laugh is always relevant, thanks for sharing :lol

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 40 queries.