Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Coronavirus Covid-19  (Read 41282 times)

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2020, 03:42:32 PM »
In Italy we just closed all shops but food stores and pharmacies
i think we all read that.
is public transport still working? (trams, busses etc..)
also, are people supposed to do homeoffice wherever possible? or no such advice?
hope all is well for all our italian friends.

public transport working but basically empty

some people work at home if possible yes

have a walk is possible but not advised
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2020, 04:48:37 PM »
also, are people supposed to do homeoffice wherever possible? or no such advice?

I'm going to the football tonight attended by fans travelling from the biggest hit area of Germany.  The return leg is currently to be played behind closed doors, but the competition is at risk of being cancelled anyway with a meeting tomorrow.  Probably a meaningless game tonight and a strange atmosphere. :-\
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2020, 06:16:35 PM »

I'm going to the football tonight attended by fans travelling from the biggest hit area of Germany.  The return leg is currently to be played behind closed doors, but the competition is at risk of being cancelled anyway with a meeting tomorrow.  Probably a meaningless game tonight and a strange atmosphere. :-\

DO NOT GO, don't risk, all competitions will never be completed this season, maybe even next season is at risk
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 06:22:31 PM by PensaGhost »
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2020, 08:50:33 PM »
Very strange situation waiting for a big disaster...that may never happen.

Today at a food shop I was so upset by someone that was staying too close behind me!

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2020, 01:38:22 AM »

Today at a food shop I was so upset by someone that was staying too close behind me!

Put on a protective mask and they will stay very far away

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2020, 11:06:23 AM »

Put on a protective mask and they will stay very far away

Or start coughing very loud...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2020, 02:27:46 PM »
Anybody have an MK song I can sing instead of Happy Birthday?  :think
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2020, 04:05:07 PM »
True love will never fade. Sing it 20 times  ;)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2020, 10:05:23 PM »

DO NOT GO, don't risk, all competitions will never be completed this season, maybe even next season is at risk

Went to the game and looks like it was the last game this season!  The football authorities are now at odds with what to do.  It's not due to peak here for another 12-14 weeks and players contracts will have expired and no time to play the remaining games.  They will have to declare the season null and void with winners and relegation places still to be decided. 

The financial consequences for the smaller clubs here will no doubt put some out of business.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 09:44:08 PM by dmg »

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2020, 10:14:20 AM »

Went to the game and looks like it was the last game this season!  The football authorities are now at odds with what to do.  It's not due to peak here for another 12-14 weeks and players contracts will have expired and no time to play the remaining games.  They will have to declare the season null and void with winners and relegation places still to be decided. 

The financial consequences for the smaller clubs here will no doubt put some out of business. :(

Whatever happens they will find a method to complete at least the domestic season, even if they delay next years. Promotion to the PL for example is worth 20/30 mil per club. The litigation surrounding an abandoned season would be (like covid 19) unprecedented.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2020, 12:02:00 PM »

The financial consequences for the smaller clubs here will no doubt put some out of business. :(

Whatever happens they will find a method to complete at least the domestic season, even if they delay next years. Promotion to the PL for example is worth 20/30 mil per club. The litigation surrounding an abandoned season would be (like covid 19) unprecedented.

I understand what you're saying but I can't see how, and that's not how they're starting to talk here now.  The player's union have said there will be no games played behind closed doors so it rules that out.  Some players contracts will be up in May too so the games would have to be played before then.  Last time anything like this happened was during WWII and even then the league was completed, just not officially counted.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2020, 01:14:06 PM »

I understand what you're saying but I can't see how, and that's not how they're starting to talk here now.  The player's union have said there will be no games played behind closed doors so it rules that out.  Some players contracts will be up in May too so the games would have to be played before then.  Last time anything like this happened was during WWII and even then the league was completed, just not officially counted.
I think we can say in times like these, that shit matters jack shit

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2020, 02:35:53 PM »

[/quote]

Nothing wrong with discussing it I think.  England and most leagues in Europe are run by TV money but most clubs in Scotland survive week to week basically on gate receipts, even in the Premiership, so this will have a dramatic effect on football with a knock-on effect to associated businesses such as catering, local pubs, transport etc.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2020, 02:38:35 PM »
There's a lot of alarmism here in Italy about UK Government decision to allow the Covid to spread

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2020, 02:42:22 PM »

Nothing wrong with discussing it I think.  England and most leagues in Europe are run by TV money but most clubs in Scotland survive week to week basically on gate receipts, even in the Premiership, so this will have a dramatic effect on football with a knock-on effect to associated businesses such as catering, local pubs, transport etc.
[/quote]Far more businesses and people outside the football business are being affected. Totally irrelevant

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 36 queries.