Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Coronavirus Covid-19  (Read 41744 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2020, 03:03:52 PM »
Oh nooooo!   Liverpool was about to win the League too!    :o
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2020, 04:55:21 PM »
UK's Coronavirus Strategy: Just Let It Happen And Hope For Herd Immunity

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/uks-coronavirus-strategy-just-let-it-happen-and-hope-herd-immunity

Very Risky stuff
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2020, 07:55:14 PM »
Spain and France announce national lockdown like Italy

UK the only one with different strategy
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2020, 08:21:28 PM »
Spain and France announce national lockdown like Italy

UK the only one with different strategy
Belgium did too, yesterday. Though normal stores should only close during the weekend. Bars and restaurants are closed, except for takeaway

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2020, 08:22:41 PM »
It is difficult time for everyone.

Covid-19 is an everyday subject and when time come to think about something else and enjoy it is cancelled because of that damned virus.

We don't know what will happened and predict how things will turn but the better thing to do  is to keep calm and act responsibly.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2020, 08:54:31 PM »
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

This is a good link to track the overall situation and each country,
China has had very few cases recently so it seems the lockdown works after 2-3 weeks

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2020, 09:05:16 PM »
China has had very few cases recently so it seems the lockdown works after 2-3 weeks

At this state we  can't say as the virs may evolve and a second wave can happen.

Of course hearing that China has less and less new case is recomforting - at least they are good news.

But we had to keep in mind that we are living on a day by day basis and tomorrow may sound different.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2020, 09:53:44 PM »

Whatever happens they will find a method to complete at least the domestic season, even if they delay next years. Promotion to the PL for example is worth 20/30 mil per club. The litigation surrounding an abandoned season would be (like covid 19) unprecedented.

I understand what you're saying but I can't see how, and that's not how they're starting to talk here now.  The player's union have said there will be no games played behind closed doors so it rules that out.  Some players contracts will be up in May too so the games would have to be played before then.  Last time anything like this happened was during WWII and even then the league was completed, just not officially counted.
I think we can say in times like these, that shit matters jack shit

Nothing wrong with discussing it I think.  England and most leagues in Europe are run by TV money but most clubs in Scotland survive week to week basically on gate receipts, even in the Premiership, so this will have a dramatic effect on football with a knock-on effect to associated businesses such as catering, local pubs, transport etc.

Far more businesses and people outside the football business are being affected. Totally irrelevant

[/quote]

I don't agree it's "totally irrelevant."  Aside from things I've already mentioned it provides an entertainment to millions and a good social experience to those who attend the games.  If a few businesses go down the tubes it probably won't affect me the way this will, but I won't call them irrelevant.

Football discussion over. :-X
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2020, 11:13:07 PM »

Whatever happens they will find a method to complete at least the domestic season, even if they delay next years. Promotion to the PL for example is worth 20/30 mil per club. The litigation surrounding an abandoned season would be (like covid 19) unprecedented.

I understand what you're saying but I can't see how, and that's not how they're starting to talk here now.  The player's union have said there will be no games played behind closed doors so it rules that out.  Some players contracts will be up in May too so the games would have to be played before then.  Last time anything like this happened was during WWII and even then the league was completed, just not officially counted.

Nothing wrong with discussing it I think.  England and most leagues in Europe are run by TV money but most clubs in Scotland survive week to week basically on gate receipts, even in the Premiership, so this will have a dramatic effect on football with a knock-on effect to associated businesses such as catering, local pubs, transport etc.

Far more businesses and people outside the football business are being affected. Totally irrelevant

I don't agree it's "totally irrelevant."  Aside from things I've already mentioned it provides an entertainment to millions and a good social experience to those who attend the games.  If a few businesses go down the tubes it probably won't affect me the way this will, but I won't call them irrelevant.

Football discussion over. :-X
[/quote]Noice

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2020, 12:44:14 PM »
One nice thing about this is that people are becoming interested in data, it's predictive power and the limitations of what it can predict.
Anyone interested in the hard core Math (still entertaining) of the curve shape I recommend 3Blue1Brown's great vid about exponential growth followed by saturation.

China's data of cases follows this graph exactly and wherever a geographical region puts in good controls (and limits contagion) that shape will follow, for example I expect Italy will saturate at a similar rate.

This BBC article has a nice 'easy on the eye' overview

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105?fbclid=IwAR3vvUeZNnLYKiZHUCsdm4krJOttcU0zVD8_x6nzOyRqKCMb7q90jhyl1C0

What I love about this is that the Italian data (if taken at face value / and I admit a few more days would be nice) shows a hopeful change of trend and yet the BBC headlines this W.H.O. table with "Italy has seen a steep rise in new cases" - Well, yes, but that isn't the whole story, it's a really bad, alarmist title for a statistical graph.
Stay safe everyone, and please take a novel contagious virus with severe outcomes seriously.
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2020, 02:34:59 PM »
Thanks  :thumbsup

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2020, 03:57:11 PM »
One nice thing about this is that people are becoming interested in data, it's predictive power and the limitations of what it can predict.
Anyone interested in the hard core Math (still entertaining) of the curve shape I recommend 3Blue1Brown's great vid about exponential growth followed by saturation.

China's data of cases follows this graph exactly and wherever a geographical region puts in good controls (and limits contagion) that shape will follow, for example I expect Italy will saturate at a similar rate.

This BBC article has a nice 'easy on the eye' overview

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105?fbclid=IwAR3vvUeZNnLYKiZHUCsdm4krJOttcU0zVD8_x6nzOyRqKCMb7q90jhyl1C0

What I love about this is that the Italian data (if taken at face value / and I admit a few more days would be nice) shows a hopeful change of trend and yet the BBC headlines this W.H.O. table with "Italy has seen a steep rise in new cases" - Well, yes, but that isn't the whole story, it's a really bad, alarmist title for a statistical graph.
Stay safe everyone, and please take a novel contagious virus with severe outcomes seriously.
Very interesting, thnx. Already spreading

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2020, 03:57:41 PM »
Also, leaving this here
https://mobile.twitter.com/culturecrave/status/1238563510822391808

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2020, 08:03:51 PM »
North of Italy getting quite close to max number of intensive care beds available, coming week is critical

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2020, 08:07:04 PM »

[/quote]
Facepainters...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 38 queries.