Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: UK Dates Announced  (Read 8941 times)

draad

Re: UK Dates Announced
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 10:16:59 PM »
Brighton is a strange city. People love it or hate it.

I live 30 mins from it and I avoid it like the plague. It's not for me. Hate the place.

Having said that, my kids love it for the nightlife, and it has some great hotels and restaurants. Gay men and women abound. Transport links are great  -it's easy to get out of - just as well (lol) -  and there are plenty of nice towns around it for guys like Fien to visit - Lewes, Arundel, and Chichester spring to mind - and there are frequent fast trains to London that get you there in under 60 mins.

The Brighton Centre is the ugliest concert venue in the UK imho, but looking forward to seeing some of you there anyhow! :D

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2009, 02:47:38 AM »
Funny thing.

I went to Brighton in 2008 but wasn't aware of its gay capital status. It was a saturday and I found people there very fun and festive  ;D.

As said by others the venue is not "arty", but the sound is good.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2009, 11:46:45 AM »
DS1984 are you going to Brighton for the concert also?

Draad, a friend of another forum that lives nearby Chichester told about the nightlife also, but .......in the night we sleep, so perhaps I will miss the fun! ;D

In the Netherlands we have a program at TV called "How hospitable is .....". A Dutch reporter goes to houses and ask the people living there if he can have a cup of tea and somewhere else something to drink, a dinner or even if he can sleep in their house for one night!  :o When the people close the door, they aren't hospitable, but if they let him in and give him and his 2 co-workers something to drink etc, they are rewarded with a sticker with the words Very hospitable on it!  ;D

A few weeks ago I saw he was in Brighton and yeah it was told that there were many gay people, but hey .........gay or not, they are people like we all are!  ;) Just like in many cities, also the people of Brighton were very nice and hospitable! 

Draad, my friend also told that we could go for a walk on the South Downs, do you know that area also?

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 01:27:21 AM »
Unfortunately I won't be in Brighton  :(

I had hoped it to be scheduled on the Saturday before the RAH run but it ended be on Thurdsay.

I have to go to work and doing both Brighton and London. Too bad because there is a good pizzeria near the venue that is open very late (maybe even all night) whereas it is nearly impossible to eat after show in th earea of the RAH (everything is closed at 11pm).

I think we have the same sort of TV programm on french TV ("J'irai dormir chez vous") but as I don't watch this type of programm I can't say much about it.

And don't forget to visit the South Pier (before it collapse!)

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 10:49:38 AM »
In both Scotland and Newcastle he is playing in larger venue's so Dusty's right.  As a Scot I must confess that the SECC is not one of our better venue's.  I saw the Straits there in '91 and EC in '97 and the accoustics aren't great.  The Clyde Auditorium is literally right next door where he played in '01 and I personally prefer that as a venue.

The Metro arena in Newcastle is a glorified cow shed:-(  Acoustics are rubbish, views are sometimes awful and if you are near the back you may as well go home and play the CDs. Oh dear MK what have you done to our intimate City Hall gigs?

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 11:06:30 AM »
Dusty thanks for that I nearly missed out mate. MK.Com normally notify me of these things and I haven't received an email from them yet! Managed to bag 4 front block tickets at the arena though - although I hate the venue with a passion and I wonder if MK will fill 10,000 seats - there aren't that many die-hard fans up here and it usually takes 2-3 days for the City Hall to sell out its 2000 seats.

Thanks again.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 40 queries.