Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: A new dawn (what's next?)  (Read 15284 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: A new dawn (what's next?)
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2020, 03:28:17 PM »
This project is still listed on Henrik's website as in progress, so I assume it is still happening, maybe it will be an expanded version of A Life in Songs, he has made several  more albums since that was released, it could cover his life and career in more depth, with contributions from esteemed people, for example Eric Clapton, Emmylou Harris,John Illsley, Bob Dylan maybe.

I check Henrik's website regularly, but for more than three years now the original "feature film" entry never changed and unfortunatelly it never said anything like "work in progress". Let's hope it's not just a dead torso...
I emailed him about the documentary some time ago but got no answer.

Seems like Mark really hates the video format, so he's doing absolutely anything to delay this project further into development hell. It is really possible like kaleo74 said, that "Hansen's work was a biographical work at first knowing that Mark wanted to say goodbye to the stage", which Mark seems not to say goodbye to, but either way, this project takes so much time it's a pity we know that it exists in the first place. It should've been released in 2017, in 2018 tops.

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2020, 09:29:25 PM »
obviously it is meant to be in two scenes, The Documentary and After The Documentary
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2020, 03:37:48 PM »
This project is still listed on Henrik's website as in progress, so I assume it is still happening, maybe it will be an expanded version of A Life in Songs, he has made several  more albums since that was released, it could cover his life and career in more depth, with contributions from esteemed people, for example Eric Clapton, Emmylou Harris,John Illsley, Bob Dylan maybe.

I check Henrik's website regularly, but for more than three years now the original "feature film" entry never changed and unfortunatelly it never said anything like "work in progress". Let's hope it's not just a dead torso...
I emailed him about the documentary some time ago but got no answer.

Seems like Mark really hates the video format, so he's doing absolutely anything to delay this project further into development hell. It is really possible like kaleo74 said, that "Hansen's work was a biographical work at first knowing that Mark wanted to say goodbye to the stage", which Mark seems not to say goodbye to, but either way, this project takes so much time it's a pity we know that it exists in the first place. It should've been released in 2017, in 2018 tops.

it's the same guy who released On The Night without basically the 4 main songs almost 30 years ago,
which if included would have made it an epic release,
the guy has always had issues and now it's even worse with the solo career,
I am sure it's intended not to be an insult to fans, but unfortunately it is

Can I have just 1 audio/video FULL official concert release of the last Dire Straits tour ?
Can I have just 1 audio/video FULL official concert release taken from any tour of the ENTIRE solo career ?
The answer is NO to both and it's not acceptable.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 02:48:52 PM by PensaGhost »
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2020, 09:57:17 PM »
Now it is obvious that the new normal becomes the mandatory, i wonder if the same applies to the songs?

I mean, for the sake of clearance, all the songs that have been written before corona should be mentioned with a BC suffix from now on.
In example, "Once Upon A Time In The West, BC".
In explanation, because it's written Before Corona it is a Must to have that BC suffix, otherwise one could be misled the hero was gunned down despite the fact he had wore the mask! Nobody wants that!

Speaking for myself here, i can't wait the first song in which all the protagonists wear the mask! What a wonderful song that would be, a win-win chord where no one gets hurt!
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.027 seconds with 39 queries.