Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New Springsteen album  (Read 2254 times)

OfflineMarnix

• Camerado
New Springsteen album
« on: September 10, 2020, 06:23:44 PM »
Bruce Springsteen announced a new album A Letter to You with his E Street Band.
The album is recorded at Springsteens home studio in 5 (!!) days without any overdubs. The album contains 12 songs. Nine songs were recently written and 3 songs from the early seventies which were never released but are reworked for this album.
Release is October 23.

The lead single Letter for you has dropped today

The version on YouTube is almost 1 minute shorter than the version on Spotify

I am really looking to this release

OfflineGIUMK

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Re: New Springsteen album
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 08:39:16 PM »
MK will never make an album in 5 days :(... maybe in 5 months ::)... and rightly so, in the absence of covid.

hunter

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 10:17:08 AM »
To be honest, Springsteen can write and record songs like that in his sleep. It sounds like tons of other songs of his - straightforward, pretty simple rock n roll. I like the idea of quick, spontaneous recording sessions, but then there has to be some real inspiration going on. Not sure if I felt that here.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 09:50:49 AM »
To be honest, Springsteen can write and record songs like that in his sleep. It sounds like tons of other songs of his - straightforward, pretty simple rock n roll. I like the idea of quick, spontaneous recording sessions, but then there has to be some real inspiration going on. Not sure if I felt that here.

I agree.  Just listened to the whole album and after a while each song began to sound very similar to the others.   Individually they are OK.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 01:05:38 PM »
MK will never make an album in 5 days :(... maybe in 5 months ::)... and rightly so, in the absence of covid.

This is going to be a problem for Mark now - he appears to enjoy the studio recording process.  Having a laugh with the band, playing about with knobs, having tea, inviting friends to the studio and then hopping down to the pub at the end of the day.  A lot of this is either no longer possible or not pleasurable now. 

I guess this is why Springsteen wanted to do it so quickly and in his home studio; nothing is a pleasure now.

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 12:30:54 PM »

This is going to be a problem for Mark now - he appears to enjoy the studio recording process.  Having a laugh with the band, playing about with knobs, having tea, inviting friends to the studio and then hopping down to the pub at the end of the day.  A lot of this is either no longer possible or not pleasurable now. 

I guess this is why Springsteen wanted to do it so quickly and in his home studio; nothing is a pleasure now.

Sad words but so true. Today my work bubble was closed due to Covid so welcome to 14 days of anxiety for me....

Let's just hope that someday very soon we can all go back to some kind of normality....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 40 queries.