Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Lyon 2001  (Read 1367 times)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Lyon 2001
« on: June 27, 2021, 12:41:47 PM »
20 years ago today, I was at Mark's ig in Lyon

Time flies

Here's my chronicle :
https://textes-blog-rock-n-roll.fr/il-y-a-20-ans-mark-knopfler-jouait-a-lyon/

It's in french, but some web translators can do the job

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
Re: Lyon 2001
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 03:42:25 PM »
Was there too. And 20 years ago today, I was at Nimes too. As you said, time flies by - and it is scaring how it goes fast! Two great memories. Thanks for sharing the Lyon chronicle.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 03:46:59 PM »
Was there too. And 20 years ago today, I was at Nimes too. As you said, time flies by - and it is scaring how it goes fast! Two great memories. Thanks for sharing the Lyon chronicle.

Imagine how fast it goes for Mark, having fun this whole time. I can't imagine how life goes by in the blink of an eye for these guys...

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 04:56:01 PM »
More than 25 years i was at this concert during the GH tour. My first MK concert.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 05:05:25 PM »
One of the best shows of the tour imho.  I listened to Junkie Doll a couple of days ago and was blown away!

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 05:50:45 PM »

Imagine how fast it goes for Mark, having fun this whole time. I can't imagine how life goes by in the blink of an eye for these guys...

It sure is a great life that these guys have, compared to us "simple mortals". Personally, of all the lives that I once dreamt to live, the one performing in front of thousands of people is certainly the most exciting. We have to admit that these guys have something that we don't have, Mark's guitar playing and songwriting in this case.

I remember both the Lyon and Nimes nights very well. The sound in the Halle Tony Garnier wasn't very good, it was very loud with some disturbing echo, at least where I was. The gig was great… and hot. The following day, the sound in Nimes was so much better. Highlights were Junkie Doll, Speedway at Nazareth, Brothers in arms was great as well as Calling Elvis. The What it is intro was nice too. I remember the sun going down the arena right during Sailing to Philadelphia, and this was just pure bliss. It was a perfect summer night in one of the most beautiful arenas that I've been to. So, if I had to pick one night, I'd choose the night in Nimes.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 05:56:26 PM by NicoMK »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 37 queries.