Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Ragpicker's Dream by Mark Knopfler, performed by Gabrielle Louis  (Read 3489 times)

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Hi all

check this one out. I was deeply moved.

Tomasz

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Re: The Ragpicker's Dream by Mark Knopfler, performed by Gabrielle Louis
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 11:34:37 AM »
Great ! I liked it  :thumbsup

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 11:53:28 AM »
Yes, it was great. A simplified version obviously, but given there are not many performances of this song at all, which is a shame, anything will do. Such an underrated song.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 11:58:33 PM »
nice intro also.good version. should be sent to the old man...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

hunter

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 02:18:23 AM »
I liked it a lot. Nice dobro playing too!

As much as I like Mark's voice, I have to say it's nice to hear Mark's songs sung by people who sing well.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2020, 09:21:33 AM »

As much as I like Mark's voice, I have to say it's nice to hear Mark's songs sung by people who sing well.

Absolutely, when a proper singer signs Mark's song is like a completely different song all of the sudden. But that's the beauty of it, Mark has a couple of numbers with great singing, but mostly I treat him as a slow rapper :lol

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 09:55:15 AM »

Absolutely, when a proper singer signs Mark's song is like a completely different song all of the sudden. But that's the beauty of it, Mark has a couple of numbers with great singing, but mostly I treat him as a slow rapper :lol

I have to disagree.   Only MK's voice gives me goosebumps.   Apart from the guitar, it was his voice that made me a fan in the first place. His voice and guitar complement each other perfectly.   :)

Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 12:01:18 PM »

I have to disagree.   Only MK's voice gives me goosebumps.   Apart from the guitar, it was his voice that made me a fan in the first place. His voice and guitar complement each other perfectly.   :)
I have to agree on disagree
three cracked vertebrae mighty man

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2020, 12:03:45 PM »

I see it like you, superval99.
His voice and singing style is what makes his songs so special......so unique.  Gives me goosebumps all over.  ;)
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2020, 12:18:41 PM »

His voice and singing style is what makes his songs so special......so unique.  Gives me goosebumps all over.  ;)

To be honest, it wasn't an argument, Mark's style of singing is just like that, not exactly Dolly Parton, as he once said. Of course, that doesn't mean it's bad or not proper and of course, fans love it exactly the way it goes. Mark is a lucky guy to get a perfect singing style to complement his songwriting and on top of that this unique guitar tone... Have I already said he's a lucky guy? :lol

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2020, 12:26:50 PM »

To be honest, it wasn't an argument, Mark's style of singing is just like that, not exactly Dolly Parton, as he once said. Of course, that doesn't mean it's bad or not proper and of course, fans love it exactly the way it goes. Mark is a lucky guy to get a perfect singing style to complement his songwriting and on top of that this unique guitar tone... Have I already said he's a lucky guy? :lol

:thumbsup 

Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2020, 04:23:11 PM »
Yes, Mark is a lucky guy and we are lucky being his fans.  :wave
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2020, 09:08:37 AM »
OMG I cried all the way through that! Beautiful rendition, and possibly the most emotional Christmas song ever written. I wasnt prepared for that.
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 38 queries.