Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The "Private Investigators" from Austria - give them a listen ... ;-)  (Read 2218 times)

OfflineKnopflerado

• Guitar George
Hey there,

Recently I came across a "Dire Straits"-cover band in my area (Upper Austria), which consists of very experienced musicians and music school teachers with masterclass degrees.
I'm usually quite picky with cover bands - but in this case I'm amazed and pleasantly surprised at the authentic sound and feeling the guys bring across. In my opinion this is very close to the original - especially instrumentally - but I also like it vocally!
I contacted the drummer - he said that they played drums, bass, keyboards and rhythm guitar in one go during the recording in order to keep it alive - afterwards they added solos and vocals ...
The guys will be performing some concerts in Austria in the summer - let's see if they sound as good live ...

Some snippets from "Calling Elvis", "Down to the waterline" and "Sultans of Swing": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Hy7i6-03I1ti1gOxSaYrw

By the way: Don't confuse them with other cover bands with unfortunately the same name, circulating on Youtube - these are their only 3 clips available.

Any comments from you, guys?

Onlinenaif

• Camerado
Re: The "Private Investigators" from Austria - give them a listen ... ;-)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 04:15:28 PM »
Gold, really good. Great sound.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.143 seconds with 36 queries.