Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: From Dire Straits to Brothers in arms LP-Album from Canada Radio-Competition  (Read 2341 times)

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Hello to all Dire Straits Vinyl-fans.
I think all of the Dire Straits Vinyl-Fans know that story about the Canadian One of a kind LP-Album called From Dire Straits to Brothers in arms, which was exclusively released to a lucky winner of a Vancouver Radio-Competition from Radiostation CFOX.
On Discogs are some information on that record and on that competition with the fact that around 5 copies were made, but 6 lucky collectors have a copy on Discogs. Interesting to know.
Does somebody here in the forum has more background-information on that competition in Canada in those days, or about the production of that rare record.
Enclosed you will find the Discogs photos.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 05:24:57 PM by Klaus74 »
We are fools to make war

Offlinefarco

• Guitar George
I am one of the lucky owners!  8)
I remember that many years ago several copies of the ONLY 1 came out for sale (I think all 5 extra copies)
Sadly I have nothing else to add to the description on discogs (pics are from my copy)

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
Hello farco. CONGRATULATIONS.
Thanks for your answer anyway.  :thumbsup
We are fools to make war

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
Hi, now i have checked discogs database for more research about that record from Canada.

According to Farcos information on that record, only 5 copies had been made and some spare covers. But on discogs, there are now 8 owners of that rare record. How can it be, that eight owners have the record, but only 5 copies were supposedly made.????
Are there hyphothetical FAKE-records around currently ?? Are more than 5 copies made in those days in Canada for the competition ??
Who know´s more ???
We are fools to make war

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 36 queries.