Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Introducing: The Brothers in arms Shape-Picture-Disc 1985  (Read 1912 times)

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Introducing: The Brothers in arms Shape-Picture-Disc 1985
« on: August 30, 2022, 03:41:34 PM »
Here we have an official picture-disc by Dire Straits. Released in UK through Vertigo-Phonogram records in 1985 as a limited edition. Made in UK, Catalogue-number is DSPIC-11.

The record is a rectangular shape-disc, housed in a 10-inch record-plastic-cover with a pink sticker. It shows Mark´s fine guitar. Limited edition, but i don´t know the limitation exactely.
The soundquality of such shape-discs is not as good as on conventional vinyl-discs, but it is more a piece of art, and not suitable for every day playing.
You can find it on the used-record marketplace mostly on ebay UK and the value rates differently. Just take your time and grab a pristine copy for a reasonable price.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 03:59:48 PM by Klaus74 »
We are fools to make war

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Re: Introducing: The Brothers in arms Shape-Picture-Disc 1985
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 04:25:08 PM »
Thank you for sharing all these treasures Klaus :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 04:27:16 PM »
Hi dusty. Thank you. My aim is to show the DS and MK collector, especially the newbies, what rare and curious vinyl-items of DS and MK are under the sun. It is clear, we, the die hard fans know all that items, but what about the new fans and collectionists. So, they have an overview of special released and collectable stuff.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 10:53:29 AM by Klaus74 »
We are fools to make war

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 09:22:56 PM »
do you have a site somewhere showing all your stuff? you should
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 10:37:57 PM »
No i don´t have such a private site. Maybe i can create a private collectors-site on the www., but i´m little bit an "online dinosaur". I´m not on facebook or other social-media platforms.  :think :think I never started creating such a site, because i have never thought about such a project.
Jeroens site for example,  is absolutely "bad ass". Very well produced, with talent and ambition. That needs much knowledge, not only about Dire Straits items, but you need explicit computer programming knowledge, and a lot of money, if you cannot create it by yourself. So i don´t have the knowledge for a perfect site, and i dont have the money currently.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 10:42:49 PM by Klaus74 »
We are fools to make war

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2022, 08:07:51 AM »
No i don´t have such a private site. Maybe i can create a private collectors-site on the www., but i´m little bit an "online dinosaur". I´m not on facebook or other social-media platforms.  :think :think I never started creating such a site, because i have never thought about such a project.
Jeroens site for example,  is absolutely "bad ass". Very well produced, with talent and ambition. That needs much knowledge, not only about Dire Straits items, but you need explicit computer programming knowledge, and a lot of money, if you cannot create it by yourself. So i don´t have the knowledge for a perfect site, and i dont have the money currently.
ok, but certainly you must have a simple list showing all you have, with pics and stuff? are you on discogs? (kann immer unterstützen falls du unterstützung brauchst.)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2022, 08:24:18 AM »
Hi Pottel. Yes i´m on discogs and i have uploaded many exotic LPs in the Dire Straits Album-lists, like South Africa, Zimbabwe or Taiwan. That are my entries. I´m also on www.45worlds.com. There i have uploaded many exotic DS and MK LP-Albums, too.
We are fools to make war

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 37 queries.