Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Knowledge needed: Ride across the river US-Promo Single 1985 ???  (Read 1716 times)

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Hello again, to all DS and MK vinyl-fans and collectors. :wave

Now, i have noticed an US-Promo Single by Dire Straits, which was totally unknown to me. There is a Promotional 12-Inch record with the song Ride across the river. I have introduced that record in this thread some time ago. Now i have found an entry with a seven-inch record variant of that promo-record. I´m totally surprised to see that record. I know, there are some other US-Promo-single variants from other Dire Straits songs from 1985, but i have never seen that version. :think
Now i come to my questions: Is this record a really rare version and not known to all vinyl-collectors, or is it a FAKE-record again ??? What do you think ?? :think
Enclosed you will see the picture of the discogs entry.
PS: That record is NOT included in Achim Bress´ DS and MK worldwide discography-book.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 12:05:43 PM by Klaus74 »
We are fools to make war

Offlinebrickbat

• Local Hero
Re: Knowledge needed: Ride across the river US-Promo Single 1985 ???
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 06:08:53 PM »
Perhaps you can contact the source on Discogs whether he can disclose its provenance, in other words where did he get the disc from.
In general you see a lot of fake vinyl appearing on Ebay, not so much on Discogs, but then mostly from more obscure countries. Givaways are always homemade printed ps, madeup labels, wrong label colours or superfluous promo blurbs. Here I don't see any, but then you are the Dire Straits vinyl expert so you will recognize any suspected signs.
Is the label typo here typical for 1985ish WB?

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Re: Knowledge needed: Ride across the river US-Promo Single 1985 ???
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 08:23:26 PM »
Hi brickbat. Hmm, a few minutes ago i was on discogs-database and i got a mail about that record. Seems to be a fake, because discogs tries to delete that entry.

To me the layout of that single looks too perfect. The lettering and the used typography is too clear printed. So it could be a FAKE-record.
Newest information from discogs-database. They have deleted that single, because it is a FAKE-record. I don´t know the manufacturer of that record. Nothing special is known at the moment.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 08:36:41 AM by Klaus74 »
We are fools to make war

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 37 queries.