Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Signed by Dire Straits - Autograph RARE For Sale , WHOLE BAND 1985 Poster £695  (Read 8800 times)

OfflineGuitarGeorge

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Your welcome to come and view it yourself, then you will see its ACTUAL signatures let me know when you want to view
( London Auction House, Gunnersbury area )
  :wave

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Again I wish you well with your sale....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Love Expresso

Guitar George, you come up here shouting and behaving quite rude. Don't forget you are the one who wants to sell something. Maybe this is not exactly the right place for it. People around here prefer a quieter and more polite style to say the least. Why not trying eBay? There might be people enough who want to be shouted at.

LE

OfflineGuitarGeorge

• Guitar George
I think many of us have already seen this. Alan Clark responded on facebook, saying that he signed many of these posters.

It seriously does look like a mass produced re-print to be honest....I'd love to be proved wrong and hope to the lord it's not but indications are it's a reprint...

Mine is Mini Billboard size 88cm x 64cm , NOT a Normal size poster, so it couldn't of been 'Mass Produced' ...Its virtually a One Off, and it has been Signed In Person, ( NOT A PRINT OUT OF SOME MAGAZINE ! ) Viewing welcome anytime
Please READ the Provenance image
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 03:04:41 PM by GuitarGeorge »

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
I think many of us have already seen this. Alan Clark responded on facebook, saying that he signed many of these posters.

It seriously does look like a mass produced re-print to be honest....I'd love to be proved wrong and hope to the lord it's not but indications are it's a reprint...

Mine is Mini Billboard size 88cm x 64cm , NOT a Normal size poster, so it couldn't of been 'Mass Produced' ...Its virtually a One Off, and it has been Signed In Person, ( NOT A PRINT OUT OF SOME MAGAZINE ! ) Viewing welcome anytime
Please READ the Provenance image

What you really need is a letter of Provenance from TW himself........

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Guitar George, you come up here shouting and behaving quite rude. Don't forget you are the one who wants to sell something. Maybe this is not exactly the right place for it. People around here prefer a quieter and more polite style to say the least. Why not trying eBay? There might be people enough who want to be shouted at.

LE
This is the only place he can sell it, he’s already been chased off the FB page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

LE
This is the only place he can sell it, he’s already been chased off the FB page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or try to sell it perhaps?

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
This poster is still up for sale on fleabay I've just noted, time to start reducing it in price me thinks!!!
£695/795 is just far too much.....

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
Yes, it is a difficult field with genuine autographs on various items.
To get an autograph personally by Mark or other bandmembers is a very thrilling experience in the view of a fan. No question. Everybody know´s that, here.

But to sell autographs without clear proofs can be a very difficult adventure. The FBI says, that more than 70% of the autographs by sport artists (American Football, Baseball, Basketball and so on) are FAKES.
It is the same case with autographs by Rock-Bands, Singers and so on, especially most wanted artists, like Beatles, Elvis, Stones, Pink Floyd, Metallica, AC-DC, Queen and of course, Dire Straits with Mark. The so called "Certificates" which are very often used by US-Sellers, are not always clear, because they are also very often not genuine, FAKES.

So, if the seller has some more clear proofs of authenticity, like photos from that concert, the original ticket with the original invoice, photo-proof which shows the person, the poster and the DS-bandmembers, it will be more easier to sell it. It makes the whole thing more trustworthy.  I don´t want to judge his the price-offer, but without clear proofs of authenticity it does not have any success.
We are fools to make war

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Yes, it is a difficult field with genuine autographs on various items.
To get an autograph personally by Mark or other bandmembers is a very thrilling experience in the view of a fan. No question. Everybody know´s that, here.

But to sell autographs without clear proofs can be a very difficult adventure. The FBI says, that more than 70% of the autographs by sport artists (American Football, Baseball, Basketball and so on) are FAKES.
It is the same case with autographs by Rock-Bands, Singers and so on, especially most wanted artists, like Beatles, Elvis, Stones, Pink Floyd, Metallica, AC-DC, Queen and of course, Dire Straits with Mark. The so called "Certificates" which are very often used by US-Sellers, are not always clear, because they are also very often not genuine, FAKES.

So, if the seller has some more clear proofs of authenticity, like photos from that concert, the original ticket with the original invoice, photo-proof which shows the person, the poster and the DS-bandmembers, it will be more easier to sell it. It makes the whole thing more trustworthy.  I don´t want to judge his the price-offer, but without clear proofs of authenticity it does not have any success.

I concur, the certificates that some of these Autograph companies produce are about as much use as a chocolate teapot quite frankly. When it comes to signatures and especially MK's, apart from the ones I own which I obtained myself from MK I have only bought the official 'limited edition' signed Lithographs from the shows I have attended.

I personally wouldn't even think of buying anything 'signed' by MK on Fleabay or suchlike as the confidence is just NOT there!!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 39 queries.