Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Local hero musical cancelled at the Old Vic  (Read 12191 times)

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Re: Local hero musical cancelled at the Old Vic
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2021, 06:41:39 PM »
I can’t really remember, have a listen to the songs on Spotify and see what you think :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Onlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2021, 02:05:31 PM »
Just noticed that there are more than 30 theatres in what's called the West End in London... I hope there are gaps in any of them for Local Hero! Personally I'd love to see it at the Dominion Theater!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Onlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2021, 10:33:23 AM »
From Guy's site:

By: Icelander
Categories: Miscellaneous
June 2, 2021
With most of the world finally getting control over the Pandemic what are the chances of you and Mark finally getting your musical onto a London stage? We were about a week too late to catch it in Edinburgh.

Answer: Stay tuned

Onlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2022, 11:45:20 AM »
I just heard that Boris Johnson is going to cancel all restrictions regarding Covid, and trying to live with the virus, and also they are going to cancel all restrictions to travel to the UK, so maybe this would help to revamp the Local Hero musical in London?

Thinking in what Guy was telling, despite the Old Vic canceled it at his stage, Guy said they are not going to let this go, so I assumed they were trying to take the musical to other theatre, which would be amazing also because the CD release of the musical depended on the London shows, so I really hope that with the upcoming situation, they could announce anything regarding the musical and the record release, and being back at London soon to attend this wonderful musical again!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2022, 02:37:45 PM »
I just heard that Boris Johnson is going to cancel all restrictions regarding Covid, and trying to live with the virus, and also they are going to cancel all restrictions to travel to the UK, so maybe this would help to revamp the Local Hero musical in London?

Thinking in what Guy was telling, despite the Old Vic canceled it at his stage, Guy said they are not going to let this go, so I assumed they were trying to take the musical to other theatre, which would be amazing also because the CD release of the musical depended on the London shows, so I really hope that with the upcoming situation, they could announce anything regarding the musical and the record release, and being back at London soon to attend this wonderful musical again!

Yeah but BJ is an utter clown so don't believe what he says!! After all he said we must lock down but it didn't apply to him and his Tory clonies.....grrrrr
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2022, 04:08:29 PM »

Yeah but BJ is an utter clown so don't believe what he says!! After all he said we must lock down but it didn't apply to him and his Tory clonies.....grrrrr

Where is David Knopfler when you need him? :lol

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2022, 04:13:53 PM »
Restrictions are one thing, but covid is still out there and there is a big financial risk putting on a show like this. One person gets covid and the whole thing has to shut down.

Onlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2022, 06:09:37 PM »
Restrictions are one thing, but covid is still out there and there is a big financial risk putting on a show like this. One person gets covid and the whole thing has to shut down.

You're right, but there are a lot of other shows happening so there must be a way to do it.

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2022, 06:11:13 PM »
It's definitely possible, just a risk.

OfflineLaurynMorrison

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2023, 08:46:41 PM »
Just clicked the "refund" button.

I don't know why, this has been a quite hard thing to do. When damm covid stopped the world, me and how to get rid of moobs my friends had hopes (very little) that the situation could be solved in any way and travel to London on summer 2020 to attend the musical, as far as they were not cancelling it, but in the end they didn't cancelled but postponed, which was logic seeing the way the pandemic was. The fact that they postponed was something there, a hope in a better future to come, a connection with being able to travel to London again, and enjoy something Knopfler-related with my usual gang of friends, but now, that's broken  :'(

This affected me more than I thought. I still have hopes that this is not cancellation of the musical but just for the Old Vic, specially to those of you who hadn't attented the musical in Edinburgh. Those of you who did, all of you know how lucky we were to attended it, it was beautiful, it was wonderful... I'm happy about attented at least the Edinburgh representation, but still sad about London ones  :'(

Just forgive this post. I kind of needed to write it...

I asked for a refund just a week ago, before this announcement.   I had just about given up hope of seeing the show in the near future because of covid and The Old Vic had my £130 for two years, which is quite a lot of money.    I received the refund immediately.

My hope is that it will return to Edinburgh in the not so distant future, which I would prefer anyway.

Have you got the refund yet or not? Do tell this to us about your experience.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 08:53:44 PM by LaurynMorrison »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 38 queries.