Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK: "If David's going [to the RRHoF], I'll go"  (Read 5100 times)

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
Re: MK: "If David's going [to the RRHoF], I'll go"
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2021, 12:14:28 PM »
IMO when a person is not respected as he should have the right and duty not to lend his side by paying with the same behavior that he received.
Mark responded in this sense when he said that the thing as it had been studied at the beginning was not convincing neither him nor his manager and Mark decided not to participate at ceremony.
I don't believe in the slightest requests for names like dylan or clapton from mark, not even that mark was so busy for the musical, so much so that a few days later he attended a small event in Italy.
I have never cared so much about this museum in cleveland, dire straits and mark knopfler have received real recognition in other situations and above all from the endless audience of people day by day for years they have listened to that music considering it truly 'special'......

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2021, 06:14:10 PM »
Something doesn't add up here.

David surely would have gone if they paid for his hotel and flights.

Definetely
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2021, 07:00:36 PM »

Definetely

So it leaves two options: either David is lying or Alan is lying. Or David is not lying, he just never investigated this thing to the point when he would know Hall of Fame would pay for everything. I think he just assumed or somebody told him they won't pay, which seems to be a common myth surrounding HOF. So I think it was just David not wanting to go in the first place and then trying to come up with a solid reason not to go to HOF event.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2021, 12:58:10 PM »

Definetely

So it leaves two options: either David is lying or Alan is lying. Or David is not lying, he just never investigated this thing to the point when he would know Hall of Fame would pay for everything. I think he just assumed or somebody told him they won't pay, which seems to be a common myth surrounding HOF. So I think it was just David not wanting to go in the first place and then trying to come up with a solid reason not to go to HOF event.

I understood that David said that he would have gone ONLY if Mark would have gone too
so even if the costs were paid, there was another condition : that Mark would accept to go
knowing that Mark wouldn't go, then he decided not to go, and maybe did not investigated more about costs like you said
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 02:32:28 PM by JF »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 38 queries.