Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark does not sign instruments anymore - What do you think about that  (Read 4593 times)

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Yes you are right. Mark is also a human being. Every day is different, also his mood.

Mark autographed my french Promo-Maxi-Single Telegraph Road and he recognized the other signature of John Illsley on it. So on that day it was not a big problem to sign other earlier autographed items. In Cologne i have met another fan with a Squier-Guitar filled with autographs by other former Dire Straits members incl. David, Pick, John, Alan, Guy. He also got Mark´s signature on the guitar-body.
You cannot predict it, if Mark or another artist is in a good mood for signing items for fans.
A little story by myself:
In Oberhausen at the 2011 MK and BD-Show i was the one and only person at the stage-gate, who´s waiting for a chance of getting items signed. THE ONE AND ONLY, just remember. That was also a very remarkable situation. I had very good smalltalk with the security-guy at the gate and he informed me, when the busses and cars came or leave. After half and one hour of waiting and hoping, the gate opened and a big guy came to me, directly. It was Pete Mackay, the well-known second tour-manager/assistant-tourmanager of Mark.
He came to me and he invited me to follow him into the "sacred" backstage-area, where all those tour-busses and other tour-vehicles had beeing parked. I gave him my Vinyl-Version of KTGC and my black marker. He walked away into a small building close to the big stage-doors at Oberhausen-Arena.  From the distance through a big window i saw Mark and  Pete together talking. A few minutes later, Pete came back and gave me my autographed Vinyl back. So thank you again Pete for that cool view into the backstage-area. Than he told me, that i had to leave that area. He made my day, anyway. It was a very kind and positive experience and no other fan was there.   
We are fools to make war

Offlinefirmstools

• Guitar George
Fully agree with Pavel. Can’t see any point in getting an autograph from MK, or in fact from anyone. Well, just maybe, if I was to engage in business contract or something with him haha. But seriously, otherwise it would just be useless, pointless and actually quite silly and sad. Apart form that, it would just seem so immensely embarrassing to me to be asking someone’s autograph for the sake of it.

And it would mean so much to me!
If I were ever in the position of meeting him an autograph on a ticket stub or a hang tag from my guitar would mean the world to me.
I cannot think of a scenario where I would meet him and have my MK Strat with me but a signature on that would be just out of this world.
He is one of my musical "heroes" and sorry if it is childish or not rational but an autograph would be a prized possession.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Fully agree with Pavel. Can’t see any point in getting an autograph from MK, or in fact from anyone. Well, just maybe, if I was to engage in business contract or something with him haha. But seriously, otherwise it would just be useless, pointless and actually quite silly and sad. Apart form that, it would just seem so immensely embarrassing to me to be asking someone’s autograph for the sake of it.

If I were ever in the position of meeting him an autograph on a ticket stub or a hang tag from my guitar would mean the world to me.
I cannot think of a scenario where I would meet him and have my MK Strat with me but a signature on that would be just out of this world.
He is one of my musical "heroes" and sorry if it is childish or not rational but an autograph would be a prized possession.
I drove 600 miles to Wales  with my wife and two month old son to get mine signed.

I just took the neck.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
A real shame for genuine fans.

My MK Strat is signed and I will treasure it till the day I die.

Couldn't agree more. Although like I said before actually meeting him, chatting to him and shaking his hand was awesome and the signatures are a personal bonus!
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
A real shame for genuine fans.

My MK Strat is signed and I will treasure it till the day I die.

yes

another very questionable decision by MK

Ah but it wasn't signed at a huge concert venue I know for a fact like me Dusty met him on his own at an intimate venue without crowds of people...

I suppose Dusty and I both didn't have 'random' items for him to sign- actually the objects we had to sign were 'select' Fender items associated with him.

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Personally I totally get your wish Firmstools...his Signatures are certainly mine - always will be!

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado

I drove 600 miles to Wales  with my wife and two month old son to get mine signed.

I just took the neck.

Sounds like Mark buying his first National!

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia

I just took the neck.

But came out alive  ;D
I remember you also pulled down to Split, Croatia to sign my copy of 20 Golden Greatest you have mailed it to me previously!
I'll never forget that!  :wave
three cracked vertebrae mighty man

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing

I just took the neck.

But came out alive  ;D
I remember you also pulled down to Split, Croatia to sign my copy of 20 Golden Greatest you have mailed it to me previously!
I'll never forget that!  :wave
Ha ha ha, that is true, I had to battle with armed police that day to sign that CD! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

hunter

If I ever decide to wait in line for Mark to sign anything, I'll bring a CD by a different artist  ;D  Clapton or something.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
If I ever decide to wait in line for Mark to sign anything, I'll bring a CD by a different artist  ;D  Clapton or something.

His brothers latest CD would be interesting.  ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

hunter

Bring a CD by David, and just when it's your turn, look confused at Mark and say "Hey, you're not David Knopfler!?" and then walk away.  ;D

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

Bring a CD by David, and just when it's your turn, look confused at Mark and say "Hey, you're not David Knopfler!?" and then walk away.  ;D

Jokes aside, many stars actually have stories like that. Like somebody sees Brad Pitt and go like "I loved you in such and such movie", without him, or "You are Matt Damon, right?". And the funniest thing is sometimes people like this, after getting confused with someone else and asked to sign something, sign it on behalf of someone else. And the guy who took the signature will think that he got the real deal. You can never underestimate human stupidity.

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
Mechanics used to sign Michael Schumachers stuff that was taken into garage for signing.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 41 queries.