Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: List of all the tours  (Read 1748 times)

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
List of all the tours
« on: August 09, 2021, 10:57:39 AM »
Does someone know if there is a list with every tour MK has done since he started DS including dates and setlist. Is something like that on the internet.  :think

Offlinebinone

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Lady writer
Re: List of all the tours
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 11:01:23 AM »
Does someone know if there is a list with every tour MK has done since he started DS including dates and setlist. Is something like that on the internet.  :think
The Bible: oneverybootleg

Enviado desde mi RMX2202 mediante Tapatalk

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 11:08:19 AM »
Thank you  :thumbsup
And can i ask another question in this topic about a song that i believe MK has never done in concert.
Does anyone have some info on the story behind the song Hand in Hand and why MK has never performed that one live?

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 11:14:31 AM »
And can i ask another question in this topic about a song that i believe MK has never done in concert.
Does anyone have some info on the story behind the song Hand in Hand and why MK has never performed that one live?

Unfortunately, Mark never performed A LOT of other songs besides Hand In Hand, in that regard, it's not unusual. And personally, I don't care a lot about the meaning because as a love song, it's open for interpretations. Everyone would resonate differently with lyrics, what I can say is that some lines in this song are pretty cool!

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 12:42:39 PM »

Unfortunately, Mark never performed A LOT of other songs besides Hand In Hand, in that regard, it's not unusual. And personally, I don't care a lot about the meaning because as a love song, it's open for interpretations. Everyone would resonate differently with lyrics, what I can say is that some lines in this song are pretty cool!
I was just wondering. Of all the DS songs that are on the official albums i belive there are only a few he never did live.. And being Hand in Hand one of my favorite songs i wonder if there is a story to the song of why he never did that one live....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2021, 01:14:51 PM »

I was just wondering. Of all the DS songs that are on the official albums i belive there are only a few he never did live.. And being Hand in Hand one of my favorite songs i wonder if there is a story to the song of why he never did that one live....

For me it's the weak song on that album.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2021, 01:22:33 PM »
Oooh Hand in Hand, good track but like dmg has said certainly one of the weaker tracks from the album...
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2021, 01:34:32 PM »
Oooh Hand in Hand, good track but like dmg has said certainly one of the weaker tracks from the album...

Hand In Hand, judging by the views and listens on various platforms seems to be on the same level of popularity as Solid Rock, and Les Boys seems to be far less popular, however, this song had quite a back story which Mark told before playing the song live. That may be a clue.

My take is that the absence of a live version of this song is a combination of many things: unpopularity, cheesiness ('The sky is crying the streets are full of tears / Rain come down wash away my fears', I mean...), the absence of story that you can tell before the song, the fact you're already playing 6 songs from the album live, the fact that the arrangement is quite elaborate, I mean nobody can say they never tried to play it!

I never encountered Mark talking about this song in interviews, and personally, I always thought, honestly, that it was co-written with his brother David. And especially this line: 'how come my love is so strong?' is so David. I always thought they had the song credited to both brothers, but I was wrong. But maybe he won't play it because of some sort of David connection?

Anyway. I think it was just a combination of things, not a single one, as it always happens, same with Tunnel Of Love and other songs famous for MK not playing or abandoning.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2021, 02:47:43 PM »

Hand In Hand, judging by the views and listens on various platforms seems to be on the same level of popularity as Solid Rock, and Les Boys seems to be far less popular, however, this song had quite a back story which Mark told before playing the song live. That may be a clue.

My take is that the absence of a live version of this song is a combination of many things: unpopularity, cheesiness ('The sky is crying the streets are full of tears / Rain come down wash away my fears', I mean...), the absence of story that you can tell before the song, the fact you're already playing 6 songs from the album live, the fact that the arrangement is quite elaborate, I mean nobody can say they never tried to play it!

I never encountered Mark talking about this song in interviews, and personally, I always thought, honestly, that it was co-written with his brother David. And especially this line: 'how come my love is so strong?' is so David. I always thought they had the song credited to both brothers, but I was wrong. But maybe he won't play it because of some sort of David connection?

Anyway. I think it was just a combination of things, not a single one, as it always happens, same with Tunnel Of Love and other songs famous for MK not playing or abandoning.

I like your DK theories here and could quite possibly be why it hasn't had much Live time. Perhaps like you say this song has deep emotions tagged with it.....
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineRivers Of Rain

• Guitar George
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2021, 10:28:17 PM »

My perception has always been that Hand In Hand is the second least popular track on Making Movies - it certainly seems more popular than Les Boys, but isn't as well as liked as Expresso Love or Solid Rock and far less than the more celebrated songs on side one. Most reviews I've read of the album (by fans as well as critics) tend to say relatively little about it, so it doesn't seem to be particularly unpopular either. Personally I like Hand In Hand, particularly the mournful guitar towards the end of the song, although I would definitely put it some way behind the opening three songs (which put together I consider to be one of the best opening sides of any rock album) and I also prefer the more uptempo songs that come before and after it, although not by such a large margin.

I can't offer any specific information as to why Hand In Hand wasn't played. Possibly the feelings behind the song were too personal or painful for Mark to feel comfortable playing live at that time? Having said that, I find it interesting that both Love Over Gold and It Never Rains were played live on the following tour, as it's possible that both songs related to the same failed relationship. I don't know for sure, maybe he felt a bit more comfortable with the emotions he expressed in those songs or simply the passage of time allowed him to recover to some extent.
I got shot off my horse, so what I'm up again...

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2021, 11:33:02 PM »
For me Hand In Hand is one of the most beautiful songs. And I definitely like it more than Expresso Love and Solid Rock. The new version (Zenobia & Chiara) is also very nice:)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Love Expresso

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2021, 11:35:07 PM »
I like Expresso Love.  ;D

LE

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2021, 11:37:24 PM »
LE writing my post I was thinking about you :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 39 queries.