Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Hal Lindes' post about Private dancer  (Read 8634 times)

OfflineboboDS

• Camerado
  • Alchemy DVD!
Re: Hal Lindes' post about Private dancer
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2021, 12:26:42 PM »
By the way, when did Mark write Rüdiger? Didn't he start it in the early 80s? IF that's the case, and IF the 96 version has any traces of the music when Mark first started working on it, to me it sounds like it could have been "conceived" during the LOG era. Would be awesome to hear it played on a Spanish guitar and with marimbas.

It was surely late 70s, because I remember there exists an early demo with David, and it is quite different musically compared to what we know from 1996 :-) Jeroen has it on his website - on some compilation bootleg if I remember correctly.
It's hot in the desert
But I'm cool in the zone
People call me lucky
But I say you make your own

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2021, 12:34:17 PM »
By the way, when did Mark write Rüdiger? Didn't he start it in the early 80s? IF that's the case, and IF the 96 version has any traces of the music when Mark first started working on it, to me it sounds like it could have been "conceived" during the LOG era. Would be awesome to hear it played on a Spanish guitar and with marimbas.

It was surely late 70s, because I remember there exists an early demo with David, and it is quite different musically compared to what we know from 1996 :-) Jeroen has it on his website - on some compilation bootleg if I remember correctly.

Really?

First time I hear about a Rüdiger demo from the late 70's with David on guitar... And Jeroen having it on his website!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2021, 01:29:09 PM »

Really?

First time I hear about a Rüdiger demo from the late 70's with David on guitar... And Jeroen having it on his website!
+1
more info/ link  please

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2021, 02:06:55 PM »

Really?

+1
more info/ link  please

But why then Mark told the story that the song was written after John Lennon's death? Either way, I'm not surprised that some songs are old. I think Mark has a lot of songs with early beginnings that we never were aware of... Songwriting is a tough job so no suprise he uses some early snippets in his work. He may have still some old words in a notebook somewhere!

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2021, 03:11:17 PM »
Apparently he had Rudiger's words after John Lennon's death but he couldn't find the melody.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 39 queries.