Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: I've just ordered the deluxe box!  (Read 21715 times)

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
Re: I've just ordered the deluxe box!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 10:01:28 PM »
I am very confused with this VAT no VAT thingie. I placed a fake order for it and yes, it seems that the VAT is included now, when I could swear that it wasn't on my real order!

By the way Simon, I can't find anything about this 28 days price guarantee you mentionned! Are you sure of that? Because if this includes VAT, that's almost a tenner difference and that's worth making a claim!

Sorry to have misled you I have just found out that only orders placed on or before September 1, 2008 are eligible for a price difference refund under the Price Guarantee policy. It was obviously costing them a packet.

On another note - all of their prices on the UK site are quoted inclusive of VAT so am not sure where the VAT exclusive rates were being quoted as coming from.

Rollergirl

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 01:08:08 PM »
Sorry to have misled you I have just found out that only orders placed on or before September 1, 2008 are eligible for a price difference refund under the Price Guarantee policy. It was obviously costing them a packet.

yes, that's what they told me when I wrote to them about the price difference (but they made an exception because I am nice  ;D)

On another note - all of their prices on the UK site are quoted inclusive of VAT so am not sure where the VAT exclusive rates were being quoted as coming from.

Probably from my head

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 09:07:32 PM »
I am sure you are very nice Rollergirl, does that mean you will get a refund? if so then their policy must still 'exist' even though it is unwritten:-)

Rollergirl

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 10:02:12 PM »
Yes I got a refund for  

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 12:13:45 PM »
That's excellent - those 3 points are worth remembering for any future claims - the fact they have given in to you this time 'against their policy' and didn't mention 'goodwill' (or did they) means they would be hard pushed not to do it again.

I wonder if they do have a policy that says they 'won't do something! - very strange as policies are usually positive things i.e. doing things rather than 'not' doing things - I am sure thee are lots of things they don't do but don't have policies for :)

Rollergirl

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 06:06:05 PM »
Yeah, I think that's worth a try if something similar happens to you. I like company who can be flexible.

Here's the mail I received (no mention of "goodwill")

Thanks for writing to us about the recent price change on "Get Lucky (Deluxe Boxset: 2CD, 2DVD & Vinyl) [CD+DVD]". I recognise you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us.  Please note that we do not extend a post-order price guarantee.

I've reviewed your order and see that the price change was significant and you just received this item from us. Under the circumstances, I'll make a one-time exception for you and issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of 8.76 GBP. Refunds usually go through within 2 to 3 business days and you will see this amount credited on your next statement.
(....)
Please understand that I'm issuing this refund because of the exceptional circumstances, and I'm doing this for you against our standard policy.

****WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A PRICE GUARANTEE?****

While we don't always beat the best available price on every product, we do offer deep discounts on many thousands of items. From time to time, prices on some items will change due to special offers from suppliers and manufacturers or our inventory and sales volumes. When we can offer a lower price for new purchases we will, but we cannot extend these discounts to completed orders.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 06:45:12 PM »
Nice one.

Rollergirl

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 09:52:21 PM »
It's back at

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2010, 10:36:19 PM »
It would be funny if they contacted you and asked for the difference i.e.

Rollergirl

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 11:47:53 AM »
It would be funny if they contacted you and asked for the difference i.e.

Rollergirl

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2010, 03:25:24 PM »
Finally received mine! On the day I wrote to Amazon to ask them WTF? It's quite a nice piece of collector's item to have and I am looking forward to listening to the LPs tonight (very nice LPs too, really thick) and the bonus 3 songs.
I still don't see the point with the dice and the chips, and even less with the fake ticket but I am glad I bought it (at that price).

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2010, 03:39:11 PM »
I received mine last week and at
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2010, 12:21:05 AM »
I ordered mine back in August and didn't get it until October.  I don't think it's Amazon's fault though.   It seems that so many things went awry with this release.   Glad that you two got it at a much better and more reasonable price!
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2010, 11:34:09 AM »
I had it on the day of release, but I pre-ordered it at the local shop.
But not at that nice price  :(

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 51 queries.