Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Share a picture of your own Schecter Dream Machine  (Read 4075 times)

Offlinebenlitmaath

• Guitar George
Share a picture of your own Schecter Dream Machine
« on: August 05, 2021, 08:37:44 PM »
Hey all, probably my favourite guitar of MK he ever owned has to be the sunburst Schecter Dream Machine.

Can we start a thread where everyone posts some pictures of their own Schecter Dream Machine or clone (build)?

I'd love to see them all!

Ben

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: Share a picture of your own Schecter Dream Machine
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 08:52:55 PM »
Hey all, probably my favourite guitar of MK he ever owned has to be the sunburst Schecter Dream Machine.

Can we start a thread where everyone posts some pictures of their own Schecter Dream Machine or clone (build)?

I'd love to see them all!

Ben

When I was a kid I was fascinated by this guitar. Mysterious brand, cool toggle switches... I thought it's a generally great idea to be able to control every pickup individually, strange that this wasn't an original design in the first place. A double strap button is also a nice idea, as well as the metal control plate... Heck, it improves on everything compared to a regular Strat if you think about it. A great guitar, pity it's so rare, and I'm not a fan of heavy modding either.

Offlinebenlitmaath

• Guitar George
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 01:05:24 PM »
Hey Pavel, you're right. It's a very cool guitar. Ingo Raven has a video on his youtube channel where he plays the guitar (you probably have seen it already tho)

By the way, i asked this on your youtube channel before but you probably missed it, can you tell me where i can listen back to the full episodes of the british grove broadcast with MK? I can't seem to find them anywhere

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 01:42:33 PM »
Hey Pavel, you're right. It's a very cool guitar. Ingo Raven has a video on his youtube channel where he plays the guitar (you probably have seen it already tho)

By the way, i asked this on your youtube channel before but you probably missed it, can you tell me where i can listen back to the full episodes of the british grove broadcast with MK? I can't seem to find them anywhere

Hit me at fffoma@gmail.com and we'll see what I can do! Yes, Ingo knows a thing or two about these guitars, he's done an amazing job of making Schecter's ideas available to a wider audience. I'm still shocked that all this is just a mod and you can't get it basically anywhere officially.

Technically, Schecter still makes guitars like that (https://www.peachguitars.com/schecter-usa-custom-shop-sultan-mode.htm), but it's different and expensive. And honestly, I don't think that you'll get too many people here sharing their Dream Machines because that's not so many people to begin with :lol

hunter

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 07:03:26 PM »
The three toggle switches give more pickup combinations, but if you're the type of player who switches pickup combinations often, for example to go to the bridge pickup for the solo, it is not so user friendly. With a traditional five-way switch, it's just one operation to get the pickup you want, but with the toggle switches there are  several, so you need to plan ahead.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 07:06:43 PM »
The three toggle switches give more pickup combinations, but if you're the type of player who switches pickup combinations often, for example to go to the bridge pickup for the solo, it is not so user friendly. With a traditional five-way switch, it's just one operation to get the pickup you want, but with the toggle switches there are  several, so you need to plan ahead.

So that's why it was the ideal guitar for Mark :lol

Though he occasionally switched pickups mid-song like famously in Single Handed Sailor. But for the most part, having toggle switches is better than sticking a piece of plastic so your switch won't switch all the way down accidentally :lol He still uses these 'switcher stops' If I remember correctly.

hunter

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2021, 07:21:43 PM »

So that's why it was the ideal guitar for Mark :lol

Though he occasionally switched pickups mid-song like famously in Single Handed Sailor. But for the most part, having toggle switches is better than sticking a piece of plastic so your switch won't switch all the way down accidentally :lol He still uses these 'switcher stops' If I remember correctly.

Exactly, it was the ideal guitar  :)

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2021, 08:48:15 PM »
This a Video of my own Dream Machine Replica, Hope You Like It 😊:

Lovely Sound

Di dove sei ?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 08:50:49 PM by PensaGhost »
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2021, 11:01:55 AM »
Very nice indeed!
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinediremark86

• Camerado
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2021, 07:21:46 PM »
Here are a couple shots of my two completed Schecter replicas, with a third (the red 'strat') currently in the works. Both 'strats' have taken a lot of time as I rejected numerous necks for each. All three custom necks are as close to the MK Signature Strat dimensions as can be reasonably obtained. But it took five custom orders to find two that had enough figuring to the grain for my liking! But, the best things in life are worth waiting for! Now if only I could play them half as beautifully as calojer and quizzaciously!!!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2021, 09:56:44 PM »
Here are a couple shots of my two completed Schecter replicas, with a third (the red 'strat') currently in the works. Both 'strats' have taken a lot of time as I rejected numerous necks for each. All three custom necks are as close to the MK Signature Strat dimensions as can be reasonably obtained. But it took five custom orders to find two that had enough figuring to the grain for my liking! But, the best things in life are worth waiting for! Now if only I could play them half as beautifully as calojer and quizzaciously!!!

This is a really beautiful Tele! To tell you the truth, with these guitars the Tele fascinated me the most. While the Strat is cool, this Schecter Telecaster is more unique, with impressive electronics and truly unique sound. This mid boost or however it's called really makes Walk Of Life the song it is. I remember Ingo's demos of the modified electronics and it's night and day!

Offlineknopfler1

• Camerado
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2021, 12:45:09 PM »

Wow! Where did you source the necks from?

Offlinediremark86

• Camerado
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2021, 03:03:00 PM »
Wow! Where did you source the necks from?

All the bodies and the tele neck were sourced from Warmoth. The Strat necks that I was finally happy with came from Musikraft. They are 5A birds eye maple. Word of warning though, Musikraft is extremely behind citing labor shortages like everyone else. They had to stop making custom bodies. My last neck from them took 7 or 8 months to receive. Additionally, they don't offer a full finish option, where as Warmoth does. Not a big deal for me, as I want a nitrocellulose finish anyways, which Warmoth doesn't offer either.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 03:06:45 PM by diremark86 »

hunter

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2021, 04:12:56 PM »
Great-looking replicas, seriously. Did you have guitar tech assemble them for you? Is it inappropriate to ask how much each of them ended up costing (minus the "wrong" necks)?

Offlinebenlitmaath

• Guitar George
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2021, 02:50:41 PM »

Thats incredible, i live in The Netherlands and there's one company on the other side of the country that makes custom guitars and they can build Dream Machines too.

Anyway, i'm probably getting a Dream Machine built next year. I really want the sunburst with F500-T's but i am afraid the F500-T's will be too dark sounding for my personal liking. And if that is in fact the case i cant swap them out for any other pickups, because those are just the pickups that belong to that guitar.

On the other hand, if i let them build the Candy Apple Red Dream Machine for me i can just let them build it with Ingo's F500-T (white aluminium) pickguard and if i dont like them i can easily swap the pickguard with Ingo's (white aluminium) VFS-1 pickguard.

So building the red one is probably a better option but i like the sunburst waaay more  :-\

What's your opinion on the F500-T's? Do they sound (too) dark? And could you maybe upload a clip of you playing it so i can hear the guitar's sound?
I sadly have nobody in my area that has a guitar with F500's.

At last, the company here in The Netherlands asks around 2000 euro's for a Dream Machine Build. Do you think this is a fair price?
I'll link a picture of a sunburst they built

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 43 queries.