Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark in Taratata  (Read 17473 times)

OfflineLady Noe

• Guitar George
Re: Mark in Taratata
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2009, 10:50:39 AM »
Hello,

First impression yesterday about the interview, it was not as bad as we had been told LOL  ;)
Mark looked so nervous, I think I've never seen him that nervous during an interview, he's hands were shaking whether usually he's more cool (I would not say "at ease" though lol  ;)).

One important thing that has not been said: after Mark was gone, the presenter said that Mark had previously decided to make a tribute to Willy DeVille but that they had to cancel it because he was obliged to go because of that plane he had to catch.

Indeed, I found it very strange that Mark just came here for one song then went away very quickly. It's not the spirit of that show (I'm sure the presenter was very frustrated about it... as us...). But if something unexpected happened and he had to go I understand it better. Nothing serious I hope...

See you,
Yolande.

OfflinePyroaction

• Camerado
    • AFMK
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2009, 11:24:31 AM »
The rehearsals took a long time, so the recording started at about 9 pm and was 'direct like' (shot in one time).
The plane excuse was surely true.
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2009, 12:09:47 PM »
Mark said during final John's solo: "All right". Perhaps he would like to say: stop, do not play more, our plane waits us.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2009, 12:57:48 PM »
I thought Mark was nervous looking too, perhaps he was just overwhelmed by the marvelous response he got from our French friends.  It's when you watch clips like this that it reinforces the fact he is one of the very few true musical legends and the host was really in awe of him.  Thanks again for posting, I really enjoyed this.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2009, 01:29:47 PM »
There was a timetable problem because as explained by Guy on his forum, John's citern was not in the mix and in case like that they would have done a take 2. 

As everything is live on this show the actual recording may be delayed when rehearshal take more time than expected and again Mark was under stress because of the "I have to catch my plane" syndroma. Too bad because Taratata is curently our best musical program on french TV (although we still fall short in front of the german legendary Rockpalast) and Paris is not that far from London so a good night in a parisian palace and Mark was back as soon as the next day. He would have deserved even a "Taratata special".

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineLady Noe

• Guitar George
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2009, 01:59:47 PM »
Hello,

I agree 100% with you ds1984. I understand this perfectly but it's just that I cannot help from being still just a bit deceived that it's the only promo Mark makes in France. When I see what he does in Spain, Germany and England (small gigs in front of small audiences), I cannot help wondering why there's nothing in France.

Probably they didn't find any radio of tv show to do this, or they didn't bother about searching, I don't know  :'( In fact there hasn't been any good promo in France since 2004 with the RTL2 show. On the other hand, I don't know why they shouldn't have found any radio of tv as Mark has a very good audience here, French people really love him here. I don't know...  :-\

Well... now we'll just wait next year's tour but no chance to see or hear Mark in a small venue...

Yolande.

There was a timetable problem because as explained by Guy on his forum, John's citern was not in the mix and in case like that they would have done a take 2.  

As everything is live on this show the actual recording may be delayed when rehearshal take more time than expected and again Mark was under stress because of the "I have to catch my plane" syndroma. Too bad because Taratata is curently our best musical program on french TV (although we still fall short in front of the german legendary Rockpalast) and Paris is not that far from London so a good night in a parisian palace and Mark was back as soon as the next day. He would have deserved even a "Taratata special".

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2009, 06:05:46 PM »
yes on flute it was fine... but the cittern was missing or at least very very far...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2009, 06:20:44 PM »
I have watched it a few times now and I can hear that the cittern is very, very far away.   I enjoyed it very much anyhow.  Thanks Nelly!  :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2009, 06:52:57 PM »
I have watched it a few times now and I can hear that the cittern is very, very far away.   I enjoyed it very much anyhow.  Thanks Nelly!  :)

If I remmeber well, the word used by Guy was "off"
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2009, 07:07:36 PM »
The cittern was off indeed but the whistle sounds beautifully. What a musician! I've said it many times but I am really fascinated by John's musicianship and I am more than happy that he found a firm place in MK's line up.
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2009, 08:14:08 PM »
I was a bit disappointed by Nagui (Presentator) the way he spoke to Mark...

When I see your face during the song and listen to the lyrics i'm not sure about understanding the lyrics, are you happy?[...]
"Get Lucky" everything is OK and you look sad [...]"You are Droopy...you know what?"

IDIOT!!!!

And maybe i'm stupid but i didn't enjoy the summary they did on MK's career... I mean it was a bit negative on MK's appearance...
Maybe i didn't feel the summary in the good way... But that's me... anything negative on MK makes me angry  :-X

They said something like: About his image, MK suffured of a notorious deficit  , fortunately he had an amazing guitar style... and then in the end they said...that he sold 120 000 000 albums that each tour are full... but never mind if his look didn't get better....

I HATE THEM !!!!

For french who saw the interview maybe you can correct my translation lol i'm not fluent i'm affraid...

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2009, 09:59:27 PM »
I thought that the French crowd gave him a great welcome - 2 standing ovations in 10 mins,not many artists get that for one song!!!It was also great to see that most of the people that were there were hardcore & appreciated what he has done for music even if it was short & sweet ;) ;)
Thumbs up to the French "viva la France" ;D
If it aint broke dont fix it!

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2009, 10:17:05 PM »
Totally agree on this WM !  ;D

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2009, 11:56:13 AM »
Got a complete TV program taping and found this shot before the show.
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2009, 01:27:44 PM »
would that be the one i uploaded on spanish city allen?
does mark use an iphone??
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 38 queries.