Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: A Norwegian tribute to Dire Straits  (Read 11968 times)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Re: A Norwegian tribute to Dire Straits
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2021, 11:16:00 AM »
weel done !  :clap
great tone, great playing, great singing

and Romeo played with a Tricone  :thumbsup, most likely the one Mark used on the original recording imho

https://textes-blog-rock-n-roll.fr/une-chanson-a-la-loupe-romeo-and-juliet-de-dire-straits/

Love Expresso

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2021, 12:39:42 PM »
Here’s another one - Single Handed Sailor  :)

https://fb.watch/81j-1V2lB1/
I

Wow this one is really good. Excellent recording also, soundboard? Played with good punch, nice new lick and really good feel. I am really impressed  as I am almost never by Cover bands. I understand you are not a cover band per se? You could tour with this.

LE

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2021, 12:41:42 PM »
Here’s another one - Single Handed Sailor  :)

https://fb.watch/81j-1V2lB1/
I

Wow this one is really good. Excellent recording also, soundboard? Played with good punch, nice new lick and really good feel. I am really impressed  as I am almost never by Cover bands. I understand you are not a cover band per se? You could tour with this.

LE

I agree with LE, you make the songs 'your own' and love the 'new' licks added to make them your own. Very impressive and the sound is mind blowing - well done!!
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Love Expresso

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2021, 12:49:01 PM »
And what a good song Single Handed Sailor is!

I am just about to put the CD in and hear it LOUD! again. 😅 Always loved the transition of the song into Follow Me Home. Together with Portobello Belle the most intense part of the album.

You really nailed the end solo playing out. This is a band I would go and buy a ticket for.

LE

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2021, 12:50:21 PM »
And what a good song Single Handed Sailor is!

I am just about to put the CD in and hear it LOUD! again. 😅 Always loved the transition of the song into Follow Me Home. Together with Portobello Belle the most intense part of the album.

You really nailed the end solo playing out. This is a band I would go and buy a ticket for.

LE

oooooh, yes 'follow me home' - quite an amazing tune!!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2021, 12:56:39 PM »
This is a band I would go and buy a ticket for.

LE

I would too!    :thumbsup
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2021, 02:16:24 PM »

Love Expresso

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2021, 08:21:12 PM »
Listened once more to R&J and SHS. You know, a good index for cover bands is the cringe factor. With this one: zero. Now we want Sultans and Calling Elvis.

LE

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2021, 09:19:16 PM »
Im sitting here very overwhelmed by your positive comments! Thank you very much!

For me as a fan, playing this music with the band I'm in really gives me another level of gratitude and deep respect for the way MK writes songs and plays guitar. And on top of it all I'm so glad I'm not giving LE the cringe  ;D

This was the first time we played it live for people and now I really want to do it more to see how it goes. This was also the first time I used a Kemper Stage instead of a real amp. Amazing tool but it sure does need a lot of work, and I learned a lot about what not to do. Unfortunately my sound for SOS came out totally different than what i expected, so I must have done something weird :smack But its a first for everything  :)

Someone asked if this was a soundboard recording, and it is. But simply a stereo out from the mixing desk. My stepfather placed one camera filming the entire stage and used another camera to do more "close ups".

Thank you again! :)

But here is a little proof that we did SOS  ;D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 09:43:29 PM by Tobben »

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2021, 09:50:49 PM »
Again, what you are doing is awesome please keep up the much valued, good work! By the way will you be coming to the UK anytime?!!

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2021, 05:36:08 PM »
Again, what you are doing is awesome please keep up the much valued, good work! By the way will you be coming to the UK anytime?!!

Unfortunately no UK plans yet 😄

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2021, 07:02:24 PM »
Im sitting here very overwhelmed by your positive comments! Thank you very much!

For me as a fan, playing this music with the band I'm in really gives me another level of gratitude and deep respect for the way MK writes songs and plays guitar. And on top of it all I'm so glad I'm not giving LE the cringe  ;D

This was the first time we played it live for people and now I really want to do it more to see how it goes. This was also the first time I used a Kemper Stage instead of a real amp. Amazing tool but it sure does need a lot of work, and I learned a lot about what not to do. Unfortunately my sound for SOS came out totally different than what i expected, so I must have done something weird :smack But its a first for everything  :)

Someone asked if this was a soundboard recording, and it is. But simply a stereo out from the mixing desk. My stepfather placed one camera filming the entire stage and used another camera to do more "close ups".

Thank you again! :)

But here is a little proof that we did SOS  ;D

Really, really good!  :clap
You could play at an AMIT meeting!  ;D
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2021, 08:07:43 PM »

Unfortunately no UK plans yet 😄

One day perhaps!!

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2021, 06:26:31 PM »
I am here all alone, waiting for Calling Elvis
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2021, 07:58:28 PM »
I am here all alone, waiting for Calling Elvis

Ooooh yes please and PoNO!!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 42 queries.