Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Now here's a collector's item - MK-spec black Pensa-Suhr for sale  (Read 3222 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: Now here's a collector's item - MK-spec black Pensa-Suhr for sale
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2021, 04:18:12 PM »
No, this isn’t MKs guitar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's not Mark's guitar, but it's priced as if it is lol. Suddenly, anything MK-related is like Louis Vuitton now, you play Knopfler tax for the association.

OfflineRolo

• Camerado
  • i tend to be, sometimes, acid
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2021, 05:37:06 PM »
It's not Mark's guitar, but it's priced as if it is lol. Suddenly, anything MK-related is like Louis Vuitton now, you play Knopfler tax for the association.

In my opinion, since 2007 all the merchandise, concerts, box-sets are targeted to rich people.
Rudy makes guitars for Knopfler fans who spend 4x more only to see the name Pensa on the headstock. Most of this consumers have only MK related items (guitars).
That Black Pensa is a simple guitar. Mahogany body, Maple Neck, Rosewood fingerboard, Schaller Floyd Rose, Emg pickups.

I have a "copy" that sound exacly the same than this Black Pensa and costs a fraction. ;D

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2021, 05:57:34 PM »

In my opinion, since 2007 all the merchandise, concerts, box-sets are targeted to rich people.
Rudy makes guitars for Knopfler fans who spend 4x more only to see the name Pensa on the headstock. Most of this consumers have only MK related items (guitars).
That Black Pensa is a simple guitar. Mahogany body, Maple Neck, Rosewood fingerboard, Schaller Floyd Rose, Emg pickups.

I have a "copy" that sound exacly the same than this Black Pensa and costs a fraction. ;D

That's exactly my problem with all this. You pay extra extra extra and then some for ordinary stuff basically. Of course, people can spend their money as they wish, we just observe all that. You can buy a finely crafted classical guitar, 100% hand-built for many months using the finest wood, for less money than that. You can get 4-5 super fine custom shop superstrats easily as fine or even better for that money. You can buy real vintage strat for less. But no, the seller will always put a humongous price tag because it's MARK KNOPFLER related. The guy just tried to find a guitar that would combine as many sounds as possible in one instrument and ditched this idea 25 years ago. But either way, 20 grand, please!

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2021, 07:33:17 PM »

If you've got 20,000 USD to spare  :)  Such a sexy guitar, that one:
[/size]
[/size][/size]

https://reverb.com/item/44237876-vintage-1990-pensa-suhr-mark-knofler-spec-custom-guitar-mint

The internet is for p#rn.  :lol
Joking aside, when one likes to pay such an amount, it's ok. That reminds me of high-end-audio equipment. You may get 95% of the sound for a fraction of the price.

Horses for courses.  :wave

And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

hunter

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2021, 09:30:08 PM »
Oh yeah, what an amazing guitar. Got played on how many songs? Probably one? :lol

Guy recently revealed it was used on Railroad Worksong. I always thought it was the MK1.

Honestly, I think Guy is mistaken. To me it sounds like MK used the MK1 on Railroad Worksong, at least that's what his been using live in the early days of NHB. On the NHB album, I'm sure he used the black P-S on Will You Miss Me? It has that EMG sound plus he uses the whammy bar on that track.

Offlinemarki

• Local Hero
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2021, 09:54:11 PM »
20K is purely asking price. Maybe wishful thinking...
My guess is that he's not going to get that amount, or even close to that.
Pensa-Suhr can get you extra value but not for this specific model, and not that much.
Such price tag is also too high for potential investors, as this brand - Pensa-Suhr, is quite niche and unfamiliar to non MK fans/players

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2021, 11:01:59 AM »
Oh yeah, what an amazing guitar. Got played on how many songs? Probably one? :lol

Guy recently revealed it was used on Railroad Worksong. I always thought it was the MK1.

Honestly, I think Guy is mistaken. To me it sounds like MK used the MK1 on Railroad Worksong, at least that's what his been using live in the early days of NHB. On the NHB album, I'm sure he used the black P-S on Will You Miss Me? It has that EMG sound plus he uses the whammy bar on that track.

I agree that Railroad worksong is more likely the MKI. if it was the black one, then he would  have used it live, as it was available in the gear equipment (because it was used on water of love)

interessant thought for Will you miss me. Never thought of that.
Of course, we know that video clips are note 100% accurate. Brendan is playing his National in the clip and I can't hear a National in the song (neither in the whole album !), so Mark's guitar in the clip (which is not the Super 400 btw) could be just for the look, and not the one on the recording.  :think

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2021, 11:09:11 AM »

I agree that Railroad worksong is more likely the MKI. if it was the black one, then he would  have used it live, as it was available in the gear equipment (because it was used on water of love)

interessant thought for Will you miss me. Never thought of that.
Of course, we know that video clips are note 100% accurate. Brendan is playing his National in the clip and I can't hear a National in the song (neither in the whole album !), so Mark's guitar in the clip (which is not the Super 400 btw) could be just for the look, and not the one on the recording.  :think

The gear in music videos is something that drives me nuts from my childhood even. It's like you almost guaranteed to see an instrument not from the record, bass guitars and double bass, who cares, acoustic lines on electric, electric lines on acoustic, why not? Everything will do!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2021, 12:21:33 PM »
I made a music video a couple of years ago and I deliberately chose the guitar that I thought would look best on screen rather than the one I used to record. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2021, 12:22:29 PM »
I made a music video a couple of years ago and I deliberately chose the guitar that I thought would look best on screen rather than the one I used to record. :)

Interesting..... :think
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2021, 12:33:03 PM »
I wasn't fooling anyone, it wasn't even plugged in! And 99% of people won't notice...
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2021, 12:33:42 PM »
I wasn't fooling anyone, it wasn't even plugged in! And 99% of people won't notice...

Hahhahahahahaha!!! :lol :lol
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 40 queries.