Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Anybody looking for a Christmas present?  (Read 5289 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: Anybody looking for a Christmas present?
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2021, 10:29:57 AM »
I am into Lego by the way but stopped buying it as it is totally overprized and has lost it's spirit long ago. Last sets that were really good are the Saturn V and the Routemaster Bus. This year's product lines mostly are not referring to children anymore but are targeted to Adults only, wealthy Adults. The same ones who generally buy overprized concert  tickets or Deluxe content.

LE go

The Land Rover Discovery model is also rather awesome too...
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2021, 11:36:17 AM »
As related to the thread as many other themes I guess. Your last two posts, first the one to dmg and then directly after that  the one to me made me laugh (again) because of their different approach.

And it's Pottel who is attacked by dmg here in a pretty rude way, Knopflerfan, with calling him  a "so-called-moderator". Just to let you know.

dmg, I don't like to be told what's my business and what's not. To say Brexit would only be related to me if I was British, shows a very narrow minded view in this case somewhat. Or am I for example only supposed to hear German music and no MK, only because I am German?

After the last years of crazy political debate and behaviour of especially Boris Johnson, Brexit was made as annoying as f@%k by the British government to all the world, not only to Europeans. Be assured that you are not the only one who is annoyed. If any, I was attacking Boris Johnson and not the British people or personally you. That's part of discussion culture.

I see a direct connection in talking about Lego as a present for Christmas (it's not UK made by the way) and the current bad situation in British supermarkets indeed. But maybe MK will bless us with a new song about it (My Bacon Beef City) so that dmg allows us to talk about it here again.

LE

Sorry but your post is ill-informed and childish (Brexitland, I ask you ::)), no doubt fuelled by the leftist mainstream media and pictures of broken down refrigerator cabinets.  I have seen no empty shelves near me.

The small lorry driver shortage, and it is very small, is due to a backlog at DVLA brought about by Covid.  Although Brexit was originally the issue for the shortfall it would've been solved if Covid hadn't arrived.  But this is the issue here:  the Polish drivers have found out they're better paid back home because they were getting peanuts here and driving down wages for everybody, and this is the same for many other industries.  Some of these migrants are living in very poor conditions sharing an overcrowded flat - it's modern slavery.  Tell me that's right.  This is one of the reasons I voted to leave. 

I was under the impression politics was off the agenda but the digs have been brought up once more.  I ignored the first few in this thread but you can push a man only so far.  Hero worship the EU in your own time please, I've no problems with your politics.  Just don't keep putting digs and jibes on here. 

Can we all make a promise collectively from now on never to mention the B word and respect to each others countries?

Edit: Just seen your post Dusty - fully agree.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 11:43:44 AM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2021, 11:45:50 AM »
As related to the thread as many other themes I guess. Your last two posts, first the one to dmg and then directly after that  the one to me made me laugh (again) because of their different approach.

And it's Pottel who is attacked by dmg here in a pretty rude way, Knopflerfan, with calling him  a "so-called-moderator". Just to let you know.

dmg, I don't like to be told what's my business and what's not. To say Brexit would only be related to me if I was British, shows a very narrow minded view in this case somewhat. Or am I for example only supposed to hear German music and no MK, only because I am German?

After the last years of crazy political debate and behaviour of especially Boris Johnson, Brexit was made as annoying as f@%k by the British government to all the world, not only to Europeans. Be assured that you are not the only one who is annoyed. If any, I was attacking Boris Johnson and not the British people or personally you. That's part of discussion culture.

I see a direct connection in talking about Lego as a present for Christmas (it's not UK made by the way) and the current bad situation in British supermarkets indeed. But maybe MK will bless us with a new song about it (My Bacon Beef City) so that dmg allows us to talk about it here again.

LE

Sorry but your post is ill-informed and childish (Brexitland, I ask you ::)), no doubt fuelled by the leftist mainstream media and pictures of broken down refrigerator cabinets.  I have seen no empty shelves near me.

The small lorry driver shortage, and it is very small, is due to a backlog at DVLA brought about by Covid.  Although Brexit was originally the issue for the shortfall it would've been solved if Covid hadn't arrived.  But this is the issue here:  the Polish drivers have found out they're better paid back home because they were getting peanuts here and driving down wages for everybody, and this is the same for many other industries.  Some of these migrants are living in very poor conditions sharing an overcrowded flat - it's modern slavery.  Tell me that's right.  This is one of the reasons I voted to leave. 

I was under the impression politics was off the agenda but the digs have been brought up once more.  I ignored the first few in this thread but you can push a man only so far.  Hero worship the EU in your own time please, I've no problems with your politics.  Just don't keep putting digs and jibes on here. 

Can we all make a promise collectively from now on never to mention the B word and respect to each others countries?

:thumbsup    Just would add that there are no empty shelves near me either!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2021, 11:53:59 AM »

I see a direct connection in talking about Lego as a present for Christmas (it's not UK made by the way) and the current bad situation in British supermarkets indeed. But maybe MK will bless us with a new  song about it (My Bacon Beef City) so that dmg allows us to talk about it here again.

LE

Do you need a hug??! :lol :lol

About time you posted something Knopfler related as your last 15 posts have been total and utter boll€€€s.....

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Love Expresso

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2021, 12:02:20 PM »
Not from you thank you.

Better check yourself in judging other people's posts as bollocks, bullshit or whatsoever. And please don't start the cry again about rudeness! You seem yourself think that your very own rudeness is okay. Thank you for checking out my post statistics.

LE

Love Expresso

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2021, 12:04:32 PM »

LE

"Leftist mainstream media" really says it all. Thanks for replying. I will not go any further in any political subject at this place be assured. I only ask you to do the same.

LE

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2021, 12:05:12 PM »
Not from you thank you.

Better check yourself in judging other people's posts as bollocks, bullshit or whatsoever. And please don't start the cry again about rudeness! You seem yourself think that your very own rudeness is okay. Thank you for checking out my post statistics.

LE

Why are you on this forum? You only come on here to cause trouble! The forum has been really good of late and then whenever you post anything  it's all negative and absolutely non Knopfler!
You actually come across as anti-knopfler to be honest....
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 12:10:32 PM by Knopflerfan »

Love Expresso

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2021, 01:01:50 PM »
Actually not.

I post things and get strange answers and comment on those answers. I detect  that it's inevitable to post something and not get an answer from you on everything obviously , as I said last week already. So it seems that's part of "our" problem. I was already here when you never knew anything about Amit and I tried to leave several times but it's impossible to delete the account as I learned so you have to bare with me.  ;)

If MK delivers something good, I am the first one to post nice things about "The Master", I promise.

I am interested in first reviews about the vinyl box. Let's hear.

LE

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2021, 01:17:54 PM »
Actually not.

I post things and get strange answers and comment on those answers. I detect  that it's inevitable to post something and not get an answer from you on everything obviously , as I said last week already. So it seems that's part of "our" problem. I was already here when you never knew anything about Amit and I tried to leave several times but it's impossible to delete the account as I learned so you have to bare with me.  ;)

If MK delivers something good, I am the first one to post nice things about "The Master", I promise.

I am interested in first reviews about the vinyl box. Let's hear.

LE

With regards AMIT, yes hands up you were on here first, but not sure if you are implying I should leave here and so will ignore that. I think the main issue is the way you write things and yes hands up I may be one who reads it differently to how you think you wrote it. I promise I'll be a bit more lenient with my answers towards you...

With regards the Vinyl box set you will have to wait until Christmas day or shortly afterwards for an update! Ive, added a 'first impression' photo of it on the correct thread...

Love Expresso

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2021, 01:35:50 PM »
Respect then for being able to wait for so long.
And funny enough, Christmas fits with this thread also.  ;)

Dusty is a vinyl guy, too. So maybe he will write something.

LE

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2021, 01:51:53 PM »
Respect then for being able to wait for so long.
And funny enough, Christmas fits with this thread also.  ;)

Dusty is a vinyl guy, too. So maybe he will write something.

LE

Alas both Dusty & I are bound to wait until Christmas as our better halves have bought them for us....very impressed with both the presentation and also the packaging of the box set thus far....

The only negative I'd say with regards the vinyl box set is that it would have been nice if GH & StP were gatefolds rather than a single sleeve with two Vinyls 'wedged' in!!

Did you buy the CD boxset?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 01:58:53 PM by Knopflerfan »

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2021, 03:36:10 PM »
Unfortunately my request fell on deaf ears and this thread has turned into a shit show so I am reluctantly locking it.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 47 queries.