Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New album after the last from November 2018 ?  (Read 21652 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: New album after the last from November 2018 ?
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2021, 01:23:13 PM »
That's true. He turned it into a joke.

With the old maybe I will, maybe I won't quip!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2021, 02:10:20 PM »
Mark will always want to tour, but I think it is his health that is going to dictate that going forward, If he is feeling well one day, he will be up for touring, but if he is feeling bad another day then he will want to quit, maybe when he announced ending touring, he was feeling bad. I can't blame him wanting to not stop, it has been a major part of his life, and I am sure the love of the crowd is like a drug to him, and most performers too.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2021, 02:19:00 PM »
Mark will always want to tour, but I think it is his health that is going to dictate that going forward, If he is feeling well one day, he will be up for touring, but if he is feeling bad another day then he will want to quit, maybe when he announced ending touring, he was feeling bad. I can't blame him wanting to not stop, it has been a major part of his life, and I am sure the love of the crowd is like a drug to him, and most performers too.

Good post....Its a case of the body is letting him down while on the other hand his mind thinks, Writing, Album release & Tour!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2021, 02:21:57 PM »
I truly think that touring is over.

But I hope that he plays small series of concerts, instead of the usual touring.

In the Genesis thread I already mentioned that I foresee that kind of "tour" would make sense to MK if he really wants to keep playing. When his record is out, selecting his usual arenas in the UK and play three or four consecutive nights in, let's say Dublin, Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Newcastle and London, doesn't involve big touring and give him the chance to make it economically viable, and also gives fans around the world that usually travels, and for the ones that didn't, their first experience, plenty of chances to see him live.

But see him playing in many European countries or North America? Nah, I'm sure that's over.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2021, 02:27:00 PM »

Good post....Its a case of the body is letting him down while on the other hand his mind thinks, Writing, Album release & Tour!

I think that this period of closure could had affected his decision to worse or to better.

To worse, he might had decided that touring is difficult, with the virus still affecting and with the brexit difficulties (if he still wants to play outside the UK).

To Better, he would be looking forward to play with his friends and enjoy life while he can.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2021, 02:29:05 PM »
I truly think that touring is over.

But I hope that he plays small series of concerts, instead of the usual touring.

In the Genesis thread I already mentioned that I foresee that kind of "tour" would make sense to MK if he really wants to keep playing. When his record is out, selecting his usual arenas in the UK and play three or four consecutive nights in, let's say Dublin, Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Newcastle and London, doesn't involve big touring and give him the chance to make it economically viable, and also gives fans around the world that usually travels, and for the ones that didn't, their first experience, plenty of chances to see him live.

But see him playing in many European countries or North America? Nah, I'm sure that's over.

I can only see a series of nights at say the RAH at most - just cannot see anything else to be honest....

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2021, 04:42:38 PM »
If that happens, it is undoubtedly the end of something... :(
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2021, 04:47:08 PM »
If that happens, it is undoubtedly the end of something... :(

I think we have to face facts here, hard that it is that MK will NOT tour again! (I'd love to be wrong)
'One off' or 'residence' shows perhaps.... :-\

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2021, 04:51:50 PM »
I have been to all the concerts in my country and a few abroad and it will be difficult to accept.
Clear as the day

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2021, 06:10:17 PM »
I have been to all the concerts in my country and a few abroad and it will be difficult to accept.

You will always have ABROAD, if we are lucky.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2021, 06:17:05 PM »
That's right. But chance for a ticket is smaller. Everyone will want to be at the concert
Clear as the day

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2021, 07:05:10 PM »

I'm afraid it's the way the cookie crumbles....

I think we as a collective forum, have been very fortunate in seeing MK in concert 'many' times... I hope to the Lord that is not it but I just can't help thinking it is..... :'( :'(

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2021, 07:08:26 PM »
That's right. But chance for a ticket is smaller. Everyone will want to be at the concert

or 'concerts' if a residency is in order say at the RAH for a few days/nights.......

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2021, 08:02:06 PM »

Really?  I'll think hard before ordering tickets for him again.  I suppose in the end I'll do it, but I'll be not be overly excited to see the show itself.

Do we honestly think that nowadays, after a layoff of a few years, he'll be capable of performing a two hour show like he did in Barcelona 2019?  Remember, he's not going to appear for a one-off show in a mid-tour condition; he's going to be shuffling onto stage more so than in Barcelona and performing in line with that.  I seriously don't think it's a good idea for his reputation if anything else.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 08:09:25 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2021, 08:14:11 PM »
Most people will want to experience it again.

Now is the time of pandemic and numbness. Our faith is put to the test :) There will be a new album and we will feel it again
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 08:20:46 PM by Robson »
Clear as the day

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 36 queries.