Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New album after the last from November 2018 ?  (Read 21690 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: New album after the last from November 2018 ?
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2021, 08:25:30 PM »
That's right. But chance for a ticket is smaller. Everyone will want to be at the concert

Really?  I'll think hard before ordering tickets for him again.  I suppose in the end I'll do it, but I'll be not be overly excited to see the show itself.

Do we honestly think that nowadays, after a layoff of a few years, he'll be capable of performing a two hour show like he did in Barcelona 2019?  Remember, he's not going to appear for a one-off show in a mid-tour condition; he's going to be shuffling onto stage more so than in Barcelona and performing in line with that.  I seriously don't think it's a good idea for his reputation if anything else.

I'm with you dmg. That's why I wonder if he does do anything LIVE again it will be a series of shows at say the RAH rather than a one night show....

I think I'd rather have my many memories of MK live to be honest...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 08:29:56 PM by Knopflerfan »
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2021, 11:47:37 PM »
maybe some guest appearances like the Bill Wyman birthday gig.

Onlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2021, 12:13:31 AM »
That's right. But chance for a ticket is smaller. Everyone will want to be at the concert

Really?  I'll think hard before ordering tickets for him again.  I suppose in the end I'll do it, but I'll be not be overly excited to see the show itself.

Do we honestly think that nowadays, after a layoff of a few years, he'll be capable of performing a two hour show like he did in Barcelona 2019?  Remember, he's not going to appear for a one-off show in a mid-tour condition; he's going to be shuffling onto stage more so than in Barcelona and performing in line with that.  I seriously don't think it's a good idea for his reputation if anything else.
I think we underestimate the power of a live MK performance no matter what shape he is in. He can just strum his acoustic and he will still fill most venues no problem. There will always be a desire among fans to see him live, especially as he gets older and less likely to perform. People are becoming aware that each occasion may be the last. I had a taste of it in 2019 when I simply could not get a ticket to the Vancouver concert either at MK.com pre-sales or regular sales, even though I was ready to order hours before they opened the online booking system. It simply was not capable to match the high demand volume. I had to travel 5,000 km to the other side of the continent to have a chance to see him.
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2021, 12:21:40 AM »
Exactly! I fully agree.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2021, 10:07:24 AM »
maybe some guest appearances like the Bill Wyman birthday gig.

Maybe, maybe....

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2021, 11:34:55 AM »

I think we underestimate the power of a live MK performance no matter what shape he is in. He can just strum his acoustic and he will still fill most venues no problem. There will always be a desire among fans to see him live, especially as he gets older and less likely to perform. People are becoming aware that each occasion may be the last. I had a taste of it in 2019 when I simply could not get a ticket to the Vancouver concert either at MK.com pre-sales or regular sales, even though I was ready to order hours before they opened the online booking system. It simply was not capable to match the high demand volume. I had to travel 5,000 km to the other side of the continent to have a chance to see him.

with the very big band that he has to cover musically his songs, it's not a problem.

He can choose from his catalogue songs that he can't play and they will sound perfect. Think in songs like "Heart full of holes" and that style.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2021, 11:40:31 AM »
I've been thinking and there may well be a point here. Even and from experience if he were to sit down on his own with Guy on keyboards, MK can still 'churn' out a good few songs even without a huge band behind him.
Now if he were to adopt 'sitting in the chair' again as per 2010 then I'm more than sure he could with a band do some more easier numbers and we'd all enjoy that I reckon - after all it boils down to Mark's presence on stage......dream over...

hunter

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2021, 12:14:26 PM »
Since he's omitting more and more of the demanding guitar-centric songs, which, let's face it, a lot of people are coming to hear, he could name the next tour "A Set Full of Holes".

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2021, 12:35:17 PM »
Since he's omitting more and more of the demanding guitar-centric songs, which, let's face it, a lot of people are coming to hear, he could name the next tour "A Set Full of Holes".

I enjoyed a lot the mid part of the last tour, the quiet songs, the songs that didn't required too much guitar effort, and as me, I know many other people did enjoy that part, and we won't mind a whole set of less guitar driven songs.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2021, 12:54:02 PM »
I'm in this group:)
Clear as the day

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2021, 01:32:15 PM »

I enjoyed a lot the mid part of the last tour, the quiet songs, the songs that didn't required too much guitar effort, and as me, I know many other people did enjoy that part, and we won't mind a whole set of less guitar driven songs.

I loved that part!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2021, 02:37:51 PM »
I'm in this group:)

Me, too!!!
Being in the same room with him and listening to his wonderful voice and distinctive guitar playing has always been overwhelming for me and this feeling still is there.
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2021, 02:45:32 PM »
I feel the same.
Clear as the day

hunter

« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2021, 03:00:18 PM »
Happy for you that you feel this way, guys. Without the guitar playing, 50% - or maybe more - of what I think constitutes Mark Knopfler the artist is missing. The guitar is where he has channeled his most passionate emotions and which has more than made up for what he is lacking in terms of charisma and singing ability. It's not that I don't enjoy Mark's singing and voice, I do because of its uniqueness, but to me it's not enough.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2021, 03:14:28 PM »
Who wrote without playing the guitar?
Clear as the day

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 42 queries.