Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Favourite concert of the DTRW tour??  (Read 12624 times)

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
Favourite concert of the DTRW tour??
« on: October 28, 2021, 02:23:22 AM »
hello folks , hope you're all keeping well,
get the feeling excitement is building on this forum with the man in the studio , so got me in a reflective mood ,

so what was you're favourite concert from the last tour you attended ??, or listened too??

mine last tour RAH 2nd night, Manchester my too standouts playing wise i attended

enjoyed Barcelona ( the unknown set list for me ) at the time felt was it was the worst/slowest ( maybe not right word), id seen mark play live (but enjoyed it )  but meeting old friends after lis, Ingrid and few others after was great , enjoyed Newcastle for same reason meeting people ( even thought felt marks performance was better in leeds the night before

from recordings
> love Bordeaux sounds great drum mistake from ianto for 2nd song , mark soloing for whole of once upon a time in the west too,
> also think Milan is great concert too

any thoughts guys??, maybe the change in drumming in WAM, done with Bonaparte as tour went on etc etc

you're views on the the tour favourite moments etc

SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Favourite concert of the DTRW tour??
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 09:01:27 AM »
Hi crimmer!    I attended three concerts in 2019, Leeds, Newcastle and Verona.   I enjoyed them all very much but of the three, Leeds and Verona were my favourites.   At the time I felt that Newcastle was slightly better than Leeds, but after listening to the recordings, Leeds was definitely superior and MK was in fine form.  The audience were great too!  In retrospect,  MKs voice sounded a bit croaky or, maybe, tired in Newcastle, but it was still a very good concert.   It was lovely to meet friends from AMIT too!

It was wonderful going to Verona to see my hero at that spectacular venue and to meet so many people from this forum, some I had met before and others for the first time.   It was a wonderful concert and the audience were very appreciative, especially singing oe,oe,oe after R&J - it was great!   "On Every Street" was played in Verona and "Silvertown" in Leeds and Newcastle, so it was good to have heard both songs.

MK's guitar was out of tune at the beginning of "Your Latest Trick" in Verona, but Glenn changed it as MK continued singing - it was all done seamlessly.

After both Leeds and Newcastle concerts we ran to the stage when MFN started, but this wsn't possible at Verona, because of the orchestra pit being in front, so that was one of the things I missed.

After the Verona concert we went to an Irish bar with friends from AMIT - went to bed at around 1am zzzz!   ;D

Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 09:09:37 AM »
It has to be Leeds for me Mr Crimmer... The evening was awesome, MK was in good form, meeting up with yourself, along with Ingrid, dmg, Mr & Mrs Superval and many, many others will remain in my memory for a very long time!

The highlight - has to be hearing Silvertown Blues played Live and soooooo well!!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 09:20:03 AM by Knopflerfan »
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 12:58:50 PM »
It has to be Leeds for me Mr Crimmer... The evening was awesome, MK was in good form, meeting up with yourself, along with Ingrid, dmg, Mr & Mrs Superval and many, many others will remain in my memory for a very long time!

The highlight - has to be hearing Silvertown Blues played Live and soooooo well!!!

I'd echo that save for a mistake on his R&J solo, which was all too common in 2019.  I'd have to add though that hearing MFN again was fantastic, especially as the atmosphere turned up a few notches.

Best show I've heard has to be Woodinville, 2nd night - best Speedway he ever played.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 01:00:35 PM »
For me Barcelona, as it was the first one, very fresh, despite the obvious mistakes, then Madrid that was the 3rd concert, still fresh but better played versions with less mistakes, then I'll go for Leeds, really a great performance and as the last one, Amsterdam, quite great show.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Onlinenaif

• Camerado
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2021, 01:57:46 PM »
Woodinville. Great playing. North America tour much better than Europe.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2021, 04:36:21 PM »

I'd echo that save for a mistake on his R&J solo, which was all too common in 2019.  I'd have to add though that hearing MFN again was fantastic, especially as the atmosphere turned up a few notches.

Best show I've heard has to be Woodinville, 2nd night - best Speedway he ever played.

I'm not fussed about a mistake during R&J - I usually 'switch off' for that particular song! I re-awake during the outro ready for the rest of the show!!! ;D

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2021, 04:44:01 PM »

I'm not fussed about a mistake during R&J - I usually 'switch off' for that particular song! I re-awake during the outro ready for the rest of the show!!! ;D

The fact is that it was such a minor mistake that most people wouldn't have noticed it. 
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2021, 04:48:38 PM »

Yes! This is the DTRW show I play the most, love it!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2021, 04:49:16 PM »

The fact is that it was such a minor mistake that most people wouldn't have noticed it.

They were probably snoring too!!!!! ;D ;D

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2021, 08:47:53 PM »

Listening to a lot of 2019 shows I've noticed there are probably more shows with mistakes than not in this solo, despite it being shortened from the previous tour.  If he can't perform that solo after a good run of shows then he's having major problems playing.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2021, 08:58:57 PM »

Listening to a lot of 2019 shows I've noticed there are probably more shows with mistakes than not in this solo, despite it being shortened from the previous tour.  If he can't perform that solo after a good run of shows then he's having major problems playing.

I was listening to the Manchester 2010 concert today, which I often do because it's one of my favourite concerts and R&J is so lovely from that concert, especially because there isn't any sax.  Not that I have anything against sax on R&J, btw, but it reminded me of how nice it is without.  Sorry, I'm rabbiting on.......  ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2021, 10:19:54 PM »
-Barcelona: the first one, quite a few mistakes, but perfect Silvertown Blues and quite a nice TR (albeit short), the last one I heard...
-Bordeaux: exceptional sound (very well equipped new venue), outstanding performance, very nice BIA
-RAH #2: almost perfect show, much better than previous night
-NYC Madison Gardens: the last ever ? Maybe not the very best, but superb, and Bonny Raitt outstanding first part makes it special

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2021, 11:53:49 PM »
Barcelona
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2021, 02:39:08 AM »
great hearing peoples views on the tour and favourite bits of the tour like alot of people r&j is my pee break and one of my least favourite knopfler songs along with walk of life , so just switch off

from these discussions ive purchased Woodinville 2nd night, agree with val love listening to manchester 2010 concert think it is a stong one wasnt lucky enough tobe at that one

shame the band dropped silvertown blues for on every street through the tour , would of been great to of kept it going throughout the tour

highlights for me song wise and arrangements for DTRW tour were....

WAM with horns thought was brillant
sailing to Sailing-Philadelphia thought was great with sax , guitar and flute at the end
once upon a time in the west superb arrangement great to hear again
matchstick man awesome arrangement
postcards got a great kick with horn section , getting latin salsa kind of vibe (best version of song ive heard through out the tours )
silvertown blues just great to hear
heart full of holes very beautiful song ( a bit like mighty man in 2015 tour
speedway i did love with horns at the end
money for nothing thought was superb
brothers great to hear flute intro again

only buts,
 Knopflers health which made me abit upset seeing him look alot older and slower playing then previous tours, and realising he's getting on ,  imagine this band 10- 15 years ago ,
Romeo and juilet lol ha ha

SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 37 queries.