Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark Signed Roger Waters Guitar  (Read 3320 times)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Re: Mark Signed Roger Waters Guitar
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2022, 11:33:57 PM »
I can't say A Great Day For Freedom reminds me of Queen in any way (was the author thinking of a specific song?)

no specific song was quoted
But those melodic lines above piano, that kind of chords progression, and that solo in the end, all those ingredients reminds me of Queen classic style not a particular song (maybe a little bit Lily of the valley) but an atmopshere that makes me think to Queen : I'd say "weighty" in french, not sure if is the right word in english

the song Lost For Words reminds me most of is Pink Floyd's own Wish You Were Here.

yes indeed. But the end of melodic lines reminds me of Independance day by the boss

OfflineSlavi

• Camerado
    • Official Chris White Fan Site
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2022, 02:24:53 PM »
Hello guys! Reading your discussion here I remembered something interesting....
Roger Waters had his first concert in my home town Sofia in August 2013. I was there of course and as always went to the venue (a big football stadium) some hours earlier. We were let in the stadium an hour before the concert to start, and they played the WHOLE Brothers In Arms album in the stadium and when it finished they played it for the second time till Roger was about to go on stage. I discovered BIA was played also on many concerts of RW tour this year. It was very logical to me back then because Roger’s tour was against the war and BIA album was the most significant symbol to show the RW tour meaning.
So I don’t think RW has any bad thoughts about DS/MK albums...

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2022, 02:28:35 PM »
Roger Waters had his first concert in my home town Sofia in August 2013. I was there of course and as always went to the venue (a big football stadium) some hours earlier. We were let in the stadium an hour before the concert to start, and they played the WHOLE Brothers In Arms album in the stadium and when it finished they played it for the second time till Roger was about to go on stage. I discovered BIA was played also on many concerts of RW tour this year. It was very logical to me back then because Roger’s tour was against the war and BIA album was the most significant symbol to show the RW tour meaning.

Hello Slavi, great to read you again!

I think that Roger Waters made a reference to BIA in comparation with "A momentary lapse of reason" as both records were digitally recorded and they both sound artificial.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2022, 02:58:24 PM »
Great to have you back Slavi!

Roger Waters is quite a feisty character, funny to watch.

https://www.pinkfloydz.com/interviews/roger-waters-interviewarticle-q-magazine-november-1992/

This is an amazing intervew.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineSlavi

• Camerado
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2022, 03:23:57 PM »

Hello Slavi, great to read you again!

I think that Roger Waters made a reference to BIA in comparation with "A momentary lapse of reason" as both records were digitally recorded and they both sound artificial.

Hi jbaent! The concert I mentioned was actually “The Wall” concert with no other songs played. They broadcasted on the wall a lot of soldiers photos with their names, age, countries, places they were at war. It was  thematically connected with BIA song and album.

OfflineSlavi

• Camerado
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2022, 03:25:07 PM »
Great to have you back Slavi!

Roger Waters is quite a feisty character, funny to watch.

https://www.pinkfloydz.com/interviews/roger-waters-interviewarticle-q-magazine-november-1992/

This is an amazing intervew.
Thank you, Dusty! Nice reading 😃

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2022, 04:02:41 PM »
Hi Slavi!   Great to hear from you again!   :wave
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 39 queries.