Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Songs played on rehearsals and soundchecks that didn’t get played live on tour  (Read 6041 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Secondary Waltz was played live, it was OK although my favourite remains the MK solo version we got to see at Hay.

I heard it played at Newcastle City Hall, but I agree the version from Hay was very special.

They played it in Edinburgh too.  Dreadful song!
Did you not have to do Scottish country dancing at PE at school?

The song resonates with me, it’s pretty much exactly what happened to me every Christmas.

Scottish country dancing at school?  Maybe up North where you are but not down here.  Kind of wish we did as I've got two left feet!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
Does someone know if So Far From The Clyde ever been rehearsed?

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
We had to do country dancing once a week in our pants and vests in primary/first school. For some reason we didn’t get changed into a PE kit, we just took our clothes off. Can you imagine that happening today?

We did PE with no tops on - just our shorts.  We were always at the teacher why the different rule for the girls!  ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
We had to do country dancing once a week in our pants and vests in primary/first school. For some reason we didn’t get changed into a PE kit, we just took our clothes off. Can you imagine that happening today?

We did PE with no tops on - just our shorts.  We were always at the teacher why the different rule for the girls!  ;D

I love your sense of humour, dmg!    ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
Secondary Waltz was played live, it was OK although my favourite remains the MK solo version we got to see at Hay.

I heard it played at Newcastle City Hall, but I agree the version from Hay was very special.

The song resonates with me, it’s pretty much exactly what happened to me every Christmas.

Scottish country dancing at school?  Maybe up North where you are but not down here.  Kind of wish we did as I've got two left feet!

Dance is in the primary p.e curriculum currently.
Nothing about Scottish dancing specifically though.

Elliott (primary school teacher who is looking forward to breaking up in 2 weeks.)

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo

Was that at University 😮

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Oh I agree undoubtedly, the version at Hay-on-Wye was outstanding and I still remember the chuckles from the crowd during the song!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Oooooooh Matron!!!!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing

Yeah, we had to do it in December, this was the early 90s.

As per the song it got as far south as Newcastle, Falkirk must have been a black spot!
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Here's the tracks released for the cancelled RPD tour that have never been played on tour:

quality shoe
old pigweed
devil baby

Obviously we heard these on promo events but not a tour.
wasn't devil baby played on that first 2008 tour show in Amsterdam, was there but cannot remember. also, the Terminal rehearsal mentioned earlier, was that not a live performance for this "secret gig" ?

No, second night, and it was the only tour performance of that song. I was there too.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 39 queries.