Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Justin Hawkins on MK  (Read 1284 times)

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
Justin Hawkins on MK
« on: December 05, 2021, 10:06:14 PM »
Some of you may remember the band The Darkness. They were a two hit wonder (a Christmas song whose name escapes me and I can’t be bothered to google it and “I Believe in a Thing Called Love.”

Its frontman, Justin Hawkins, has quite an interesting YouTube channel and he recently posted this.

Lots of thoughts to share but will see what others make of it first.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: Justin Hawkins on MK
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 10:28:46 PM »
Some of you may remember the band The Darkness. They were a two hit wonder (a Christmas song whose name escapes me and I can’t be bothered to google it and “I Believe in a Thing Called Love.”

Its frontman, Justin Hawkins, has quite an interesting YouTube channel and he recently posted this.

Haha, nice. His version of Telegraph Road makes me think maybe to tackle it myself for my YT channel... I laughed at Private Investigations, I honestly can't sing it either because it's so MK. All the others I either recorded or am ready to record... It's Shakespeare, Dire Straitspeare with his headband on LOL :lol :lol :lol

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 10:20:52 AM »

Haha, nice. His version of Telegraph Road makes me think maybe to tackle it myself for my YT channel... I laughed at Private Investigations, I honestly can't sing it either because it's so MK. All the others I either recorded or am ready to record... It's Shakespeare, Dire Straitspeare with his headband on LOL :lol :lol :lol

Am I wrong or are the piano chords of TR what he's trying to play with the guitar?
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 10:38:44 AM »

Am I wrong or are the piano chords of TR what he's trying to play with the guitar?

Well, it's a piano song, so you can't avoid playing piano chords really. Not completely though, I'd say it's a combination of piano and guitar chords but piano most certainly wins. Not like in Romeo & Juliet, where guitar leads the way. So playing Telegraph on one guitar is always a giant compromise and something I can't even imagine Mark doing.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.027 seconds with 39 queries.