Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New for 2022  (Read 72165 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: New for 2022
« Reply #585 on: August 27, 2022, 08:06:15 PM »
From Dr Fletch:

Q.  Question is do you think Mark and the band will play live again? Would Mark consider a week at RAH or was the last tour it?

A.  I doubt there will be another tour but I hope I am wrong.

Pretty definitive as far as Guy usually goes I suppose.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #586 on: August 27, 2022, 11:04:31 PM »
I was very sad about that news from Guy. But to be honest, we all knew it.
An era ended now for me. 35 Live Shows or something from 1991-2019.
No tours to look forward to.  :'(
But after I saw him 2019 it was his best descision.
He got old now and I really got scared after I saw the video of Playtime Deluxe. in 2016.
His fingers and hands were really shaking. Something is going on there and got worse after that.

I also really look forward to new music and albums and hope that he will do some RAH shows.
I am pretty sure he does. As he said in Mannheim, my last concert: I will do it maybe until I fall over...

Long live MK. Our hero
It's in his back, his spine, and it's affecting his hands, his nervous system and the way his body moves/responds to stimulae. He could barely walk at the start of the tour. It got slightly better as it progressed, but he never got rid of the bench, and there was no throwing the guitar in the air as in 2010-2015, for example.
I studied Medicine for 2 years before I decided I would be a terrible doctor, and I am 99% sure he's got a CNS disorder.

OfflineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
  • DS Fan since April 1987-Miami Vice episode S02E03
« Reply #587 on: August 28, 2022, 12:06:29 PM »
you might be 99% right.
I also think the same
Love will find a Way

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #588 on: August 28, 2022, 06:59:12 PM »
He can play while sitting on a chair. Like he did 10 years ago. He did a whole tour sitting down.....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #589 on: August 28, 2022, 07:38:14 PM »
He can play while sitting on a chair. Like he did 10 years ago. He did a whole tour sitting down.....

Sitting won't help his hands or fingers though!   
Goin' into Tow Law....

hunter

« Reply #590 on: August 28, 2022, 08:07:10 PM »
I think we can be sure that if there was a way, he'd keep on touring. If sitting down would be a solution, then he'd do just that.

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #591 on: August 28, 2022, 08:17:46 PM »
I've come to terms that he will never play a concert again. He's given a lot of them over the years.
I am looking forward to perhaps an increase in studio productivity and new albums. He may not be able to play concerts anymore, but he is still a master a writing songs and making albums. So, I'm very happy that he still wants to that and he is healthy enough to do it.

Bring on 2023!  :)

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #592 on: August 29, 2022, 04:04:16 PM »
I've come to terms that he will never play a concert again. He's given a lot of them over the years.
I am looking forward to perhaps an increase in studio productivity and new albums. He may not be able to play concerts anymore, but he is still a master a writing songs and making albums. So, I'm very happy that he still wants to that and he is healthy enough to do it.

:thumbsup
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #593 on: August 29, 2022, 09:46:42 PM »

I think the same.  :thumbsup
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #594 on: August 29, 2022, 10:56:31 PM »
I think Mark is done with touring but he will always try to write and try to record as long as he can move. He's been obsessed of doing all these things for so many, many years. He can't live without making music. It's his destiny. He can't just stop. Thanks to his wonderful studio, where he can go whenever he feels like, we hopefully will hear lots of new music from him in the years to come.
But in the end Mark knows best what is good for him and we all have to accept it. Just my opinion.

This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #595 on: August 29, 2022, 11:44:59 PM »
I think Mark is done with touring but he will always try to write and try to record as long as he can move. He's been obsessed of doing all these things for so many, many years. He can't live without making music. It's his destiny. He can't just stop. Thanks to his wonderful studio, where he can go whenever he feels like, we hopefully will hear lots of new music from him in the years to come.
But in the end Mark knows best what is good for him and we all have to accept it. Just my opinion.

This is also my opinion. I agree with every word.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #596 on: August 30, 2022, 02:53:53 PM »
Me too. The personal health ist the most important and essential god-given thing to all humans, celebrities and normal people including. So let us hope, that Mark has a clear mind in the future, able to compose some of his finest music and lyrics.  :think
We are fools to make war

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #597 on: August 30, 2022, 03:59:52 PM »

I also agree.  I doubt we'll ever know the reason why but obviously his friends do and I respect them for keeping his privacy.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #598 on: August 30, 2022, 04:34:32 PM »

I also agree.  I doubt we'll ever know the reason why but obviously his friends do and I respect them for keeping his privacy.

I agree too and I'm looking forward to hearing lots more beautiful music in the future, even though he may never tour again.
Goin' into Tow Law....

hunter

« Reply #599 on: September 04, 2022, 03:18:43 PM »
From Guy's page:

Q: Re Mark’s coming album, are you allowed to say when it’s scheduled for release? If you are allowed, but don’t know, what would be your guess?

A: No, I’m not really allowed but as with every album that is at this stage, there is no schedule for release. Sorry but you’ll have to hold your horses for a while.

It's seems they're not exactly in a rush. Maybe because there's no touring involved? So, what's a likely release date? Autumn 2023? Earlier, later?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 40 queries.