Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New for 2022  (Read 72247 times)

OfflineNeville Sherman

• Camerado
Re: New for 2022
« Reply #165 on: February 07, 2022, 03:46:16 PM »
You learn something everyday on this site! I will give loose tea a chance then! Will need to invest in a strainer! No doubt someone has preferences for the right sort of strainer as well!!! :smack :smack

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
« Reply #166 on: February 07, 2022, 04:02:40 PM »
....The date has just been changed from 7th to the 11th  :hmm ::) :-[

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #167 on: February 07, 2022, 04:07:23 PM »
Nah! Yorkshire tea or at best, PG tips!! ;D

Oh no, not tea bags - Pleaaassese!! Fresh, Loose tea please - far less plastic too!

Loose tea isn't fresh either, it's dried just like in tea bags!     :)

It's certainly a lot fresher than bagged tea...
The main difference between loose leaf tea and bagged tea is the grade of the tea used. 'Generally speaking, tea bags will use low grade tea (called 'dust' or 'fannings'). ... It just indicates the condition of the tea leaves used. By contrast, loose leaf teas generally use the whole tea leaf...

You should ask the connoisseur tea-drinker, Guy, what he uses, loose or bags!   ;D   
Goin' into Tow Law....

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #168 on: February 07, 2022, 04:15:32 PM »

See, that's why I'm not taking all these thing seriously :lol

Oh no, not tea bags - Pleaaassese!! Fresh, Loose tea please - far less plastic too!

The main difference between loose leaf tea and bagged tea is the grade of the tea used. 'Generally speaking, tea bags will use low grade tea (called 'dust' or 'fannings'). ... It just indicates the condition of the tea leaves used. By contrast, loose leaf teas generally use the whole tea leaf...

You should ask the connoisseur tea-drinker, Guy, what he uses, loose or bags!   ;D   

That's pretty off-topic, but nothing to discuss here anyway. I only drink quality tea. Good tea is like good wine, it's just easier to drink and you can actually enjoy the process. I can drink a nice and expensive natural Earl Grey the whole day... I actually drink tea in beer mugs, that's how crazy I am. I consume tea in amounts no one wants to hear, and a bag of Lipton could kill me.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #169 on: February 07, 2022, 04:24:42 PM »

That's pretty off-topic, but nothing to discuss here anyway. I only drink quality tea. Good tea is like good wine, it's just easier to drink and you can actually enjoy the process. I can drink a nice and expensive natural Earl Grey the whole day... I actually drink tea in beer mugs, that's how crazy I am. I consume tea in amounts no one wants to hear, and a bag of Lipton could kill me.

Please don't mention the name "Liptons"!   For some reason hotels in Europe seem to think it is the best!   ::)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #170 on: February 07, 2022, 04:40:37 PM »

:hmm    :think
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #171 on: February 07, 2022, 05:02:45 PM »
You learn something everyday on this site! I will give loose tea a chance then! Will need to invest in a strainer! No doubt someone has preferences for the right sort of strainer as well!!! :smack :smack

A nice cast iron tea pot simular to this should suffice for a good loose leaf brew...
https://www.exoticteapot.co.uk/teaware/cast-iron-teapots/product/tenshi-cast-iron-teapot-black?gclid=CjwKCAiAo4OQBhBBEiwA5KWu__7K-H0FJ1LMAnAwBotVZQbReACPL2ksmeqbwaY8S31Fewx5gWfqvhoC3gwQAvD_BwE
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #172 on: February 07, 2022, 05:04:23 PM »

Please don't mention the name "Liptons"!   For some reason hotels in Europe seem to think it is the best!   ::)

Ooh no thanks to Liptons.....

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #173 on: February 07, 2022, 05:05:56 PM »

I'm sure Guy, MK and even RB prefer Loose Leaf to 'plastic' tea bags!!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #174 on: February 07, 2022, 05:12:26 PM »

A nice cast iron tea pot simular to this should suffice for a good loose leaf brew...
https://www.exoticteapot.co.uk/teaware/cast-iron-teapots/product/tenshi-cast-iron-teapot-black?gclid=CjwKCAiAo4OQBhBBEiwA5KWu__7K-H0FJ1LMAnAwBotVZQbReACPL2ksmeqbwaY8S31Fewx5gWfqvhoC3gwQAvD_BwE

Yes, they're lovely!    Mine is an old-fashioned brown, shiny one!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #175 on: February 07, 2022, 05:38:28 PM »
Surely Guy gives a tea preference in one of the tour diary posts.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #176 on: February 07, 2022, 05:56:53 PM »
Guy favours pyramid PG Tips, or at least he did, maybe he's changed becuase of poor quality control.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GuyFletcher/status/1367789632268738563

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #177 on: February 07, 2022, 05:57:48 PM »

I'm sure Guy, MK and even RB prefer Loose Leaf to 'plastic' tea bags!!

The Yorkshire or PG tea bags are made of paper, not plastic!
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #178 on: February 07, 2022, 05:58:13 PM »

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 37 queries.