Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Alchemy Release Policy 2010  (Read 5804 times)

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
Alchemy Release Policy 2010
« on: September 15, 2009, 03:37:59 AM »
So this is what i`ve heard....

The basic DVD will come with the first half of the concert.
A Deluxe DVD version will have the whole concert minus Sultans Of Swing (which will be available as an iTunes exclusive only).
Once Upon A Time In The West, whilst on both DVDs, will have the lead guitar track muted. This MP3 track can be purchased from Amazon (released a few weeks later than the DVDs) - but only if pre-order from the official MK site and obtain a special code. The good news is this will enter you automatically into a competition to win some genuine used guitar strings (info whether they were used by MK is not available at this time and GF won`t make any comment.)
Finally a super-duper Deluxe box-set will be available at a reasonable price, contains the basic DVD, a guitar tab of Saturday Night At The Movies, and 3 MK fingernails. (a limited run of these Boxsets will depend on how quickly the nails grow back).

Any questions?
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
Re: Alchemy Release Policy 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 03:48:59 AM »
Sigh, this piece of news makes me sad.  

The lead guitar track muted?  I don't know what it will be in the future.  MK diaappeared from the video, and you can purchase MK on the web?  It was such a wonderful show, why has something out of the whole thing?

Who wants to buy the basic DVD for just a half concert?  That must the ones who hates Tunnel of love, Telegraph Road, and Going home, although Solid rock wasn't played well that night.

Finally die hard fans can only make their own version, the whole show, with all included, both every video and every sound track of every audio.  

Fletch , has the news been confirmed?

Wishes
Allen
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 03:58:27 AM »
I just don't understand this little bit of this little bit of that marketing.    If it's to force people to buy several copies of one dvd or cd just to get all the versions, and obviously to make more money, it's a pretty ugly piece of capitalism.   IMO. 
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 04:01:57 AM »
Dusty, you have a variety of music appetites, so this question for you, do other artists sell their albums or DVDs in the same/similiar way nowadays?

Wishes
Allen
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 04:03:06 AM »
LOL, Fletch you almost got me  ;D ;) :D
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 04:03:23 AM »
I just don't understand this little bit of this little bit of that marketing.    If it's to force people to buy several copies of one dvd or cd just to get all the versions, and obviously to make more money, it's a pretty ugly piece of capitalism.   IMO. 

And a little bit of this'd get you up
And a little bit of that'd get you down

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 04:04:30 AM »
LOL, Fletch you almost got me  ;D ;) :D

September Fools' Day?

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 04:07:45 AM »
No, just a great sense of humor  ;) You didin't believe in it, did you allen  :D
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 04:14:35 AM »
koobaa, I'm usually a very serious man >:( , but hey, I love your jokes, they always make me happy  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 04:21:12 AM »
Well at least I hope it's a joke ;)
Fletch was just referring to the latest GL release policy which as you know creates quite a lot of confusion. I'm not surprised if some of it is true though  ::)

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 04:49:14 AM »
Sorry!!! ;D

Yes, just a parody on `getting lucky`!

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 04:53:39 AM »
koobaa, you saved me another time!!!

Fletch, you almost drove me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   (Oh, I can't find a proper smillies here to show my current facial expression)

I just hope they sell Get Lucky this way and will never do it again due to the result for the this first attempt.

But my second thought is that, the more the negataive comments they read, and the more pressure they face.  Maybe they will withdraw more bonus tracks which are planned to release on iTune or amazon.

Wishes
Allen

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 04:57:36 AM »
Sorry Allen, just as well we`re in different countries - i can imagine you hitting me right now! :)

Here`s hoping the release of Alchemy DVDs will be straightforward and the packaging worthy of its contents!!! I`ll drink to that...

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 05:03:52 AM »
Hehe, I've totally recovered after a long deep breath while reading your reply.  

If we PM every member here and collect all their replies, and then share here, it'll be more fun.  hahahha, coz I don't wanna be the only one,  lol.   Oh, I'm not alone, Marie's always by my side.   :D

By the way, I don't think the coming DVD will feature the whole show, two reasons,

1, I doubt the company still have the master tape after 26 years.  It was used to make aLCHEMY VHS the year after the show.  MK changed his management once, who's in charge of these documents now?  

2, They didn't tape both shows, if my memory serves me right.  And all the songs were not 100% satisfied, so Chuck has no alternative option to choose.

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 05:10:38 AM »
I do know that it was a joke.   My response probably should have been in another thread.   
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 38 queries.