Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: "Anomaly", Guys new album  (Read 6536 times)

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
"Anomaly", Guys new album
« on: January 10, 2022, 09:48:35 AM »
New interview from Guy, where he reveals the name of his new album. It is some months waiting time for vinyl, but it can be released earlier for download and cd, so the release date depends on what he chooses to do. It's not mot much news about the album in the interview, but here is the link

https://vwmusicrocks.com/an-interview-with-guy-fletcher-of-dire-straits/
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 10:19:50 AM by Elin N »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: "Anomaly", Guys new album
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 10:38:50 AM »
New interview from Guy, where he reveals the name of his new album. It is some months waiting time for vinyl, but it can be released earlier for download and cd, so the release date depends on what he chooses to do. It's not mot much news about the album in the interview, but here is the link

Many thanks Elin.   I'm looking forward to hearing Anomaly.    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 10:40:16 AM »

Yes, thanks for the link!

The Teenage Cancer Trust charity project is still "a few months" away.

Sad to hear: "No tours are planned, unfortunately"
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 11:19:44 AM by skydiver »

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 12:38:39 PM »

Yes, thanks for the link!

The Teenage Cancer Trust charity project is still "a few months" away.

Sad to hear: "No tours are planned, unfortunately"

We don't know when this interview took place, only that was published yesterday.

Guy said this in his forum: "More on this in the coming weeks."

Also there is a chance of a live show for that project, I asked Guy on his forum and he answered he can't say yet. Hope there is, and hope involves MK!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 12:40:58 PM by jbaent »
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 01:19:30 PM »
I posted just to be a bit more cautions concerning upcoming new projects and just to soften the usual GF bashing afterwards a little.
Two months ago he posted regarding the LH musical: "info on that will be coming very soon"...

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 01:59:34 PM »
That charity project sounds like it is going to be good, I wonder if all of it is being recorded at British Grove? I hope David Gilmour is included, Mike Oldfield too, but I doubt that, still sound good.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2022, 01:59:39 PM »
I posted just to be a bit more cautions concerning upcoming new projects and just to soften the usual GF bashing afterwards a little.
Two months ago he posted regarding the LH musical: "info on that will be coming very soon"...

We all know that "very soon" in Guy's time, could be anytime in the upcoming years, lol

When he says in a couple of weeks it is a more delimited time, probably not two weeks but maybe a month ;)

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2022, 09:54:18 AM »
Anyone listened to the samples on Guy’s site yet?

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2022, 11:38:04 AM »
Just now! I need to listen to them more, but the first impression is good! My expectations has been low, the High roads album was not a favorite, but this sounds promising  :D It is kind of strange to think that he is Marks producer, they sound pretty different

Offlinewakeywakey

• Camerado
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2022, 12:57:49 PM »
I hope it does well for him but his voice just doesn't grab me at all.
I would be more interested if he did an instrumental album.

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2022, 09:17:18 AM »
I like Guy's voice, it always reminds me of Paul McCartney.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2022, 09:51:41 AM »
When I heard the last colaboration with MK with Cliff Richards, Cliff's voice sounded pretty similar to Guy's for me. If someone had told me it was Guy singing instead of Cliff, I would had believed it for sure.

hunter

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2022, 10:43:13 AM »
Guy does everything "right", and he does have a pleasant voice, but his albums lack nerve and spark. (Exactly why he shouldn't have such a prominent role in Mark's projects.)

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2022, 02:20:09 PM »
I like Guy’s voice. To me Guy sounds like Guy. I kind of get the comparisons to Paul McCartney and Cliff Richard. I love Paul and the Beatles but Cliff is a tough one for me. I’m 31 so officially too young to like MK so liking Cliff Richard would be an absolute no no. However, if he covers a song I like then what am I to do? I love Buddy Holly’s Rave On but fortunately don’t like Cliff’s cover of it. If Move It, or Gee Whizz it’s You were released by people other than Cliff then would I like the songs? Maybe….tough one.

Anyway back to Guy. I loved the first two albums, High Roads is okay but I didn’t enjoy the samples of this one. He’s gone too synth based for my liking. Too many songs which the vocals sound out of time with the music if you know what I mean. I like acoustic guitar and piano based Guy. Give me Natural Selection any day of the week.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2022, 04:08:45 PM »
I like Guy’s voice. To me Guy sounds like Guy. I kind of get the comparisons to Paul McCartney and Cliff Richard. I love Paul and the Beatles but Cliff is a tough one for me. I’m 31 so officially too young to like MK so liking Cliff Richard would be an absolute no no. However, if he covers a song I like then what am I to do? I love Buddy Holly’s Rave On but fortunately don’t like Cliff’s cover of it. If Move It, or Gee Whizz it’s You were released by people other than Cliff then would I like the songs? Maybe….tough one.

Anyway back to Guy. I loved the first two albums, High Roads is okay but I didn’t enjoy the samples of this one. He’s gone too synth based for my liking. Too many songs which the vocals sound out of time with the music if you know what I mean. I like acoustic guitar and piano based Guy. Give me Natural Selection any day of the week.

Just like you,I liked the first two albums and my favourite is also Natural Selection.   Guy's voice on that album with Dorrie Jackson's backing vocals are perfect and I liked all of the songs without exception.  Regarding High Roads,  "Another Gale Blows" with Bruce Molsky and "Greenhouse" are nice, but there are a few skippers too.  I'm having a struggle with the latest album - too much synth and no guitar, except on one track and even that is minimal.   All of the songs seem to merge into one, but I am trying, hoping to like it eventually, but time is precious!

Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 40 queries.