Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: I've hardly listened to Get Lucky  (Read 15882 times)

Rollergirl

I've hardly listened to Get Lucky
« on: October 11, 2009, 05:28:20 PM »
I love this album so much that I refuse to listen to it other than on a proper hifi system, from the first to the last song, unninterrupted, preferably while drinking one or 2 glasses of good red. Which means that with work, kids, guitar lessons, etc, I have listened to it only about 5 times.
That's new for me! Normally when an album I like comes along, I just listen to it day and night for weeks....At work on my computer, on my bike on my ipod, in the kitchen while I am cooking, in the shower, on the toilet, etc..

Not Get Lucky. Get lucky is something else, in another dimension, I refuse to put it in a small box (just yet).

Anybody feels the same?

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
Re: I've hardly listened to Get Lucky
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 08:29:26 PM »
I was like this with KTGC as well.
When i do listen to GL, which is at least once a day, i do like to listen to it in it's entirety.
I'm loving it more and more with each listen.
'Get Lucky' is growing on me more and more, but my 2 faves are 'Hard Shoulder' & 'Remembrance Day'
Imho, Mark's best album to date. :)
I find myself listening more and more to his great voice and secondly to his guitar. :o

Cheers   BBB
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 08:58:59 PM »
I, too, like to listen to the whole album and I choose a fairly quiet time of day, when I won't be disturbed.   Mark's voice is so beautiful and the lyrics are poetry that deserve to be listened to without distractions.   My favourites at the moment are "Before Gas & TV" and "Monteleone", but all of the songs are amazing - none are skippers for me on this album! 

Just a side note - I have been watching "Transatlantic Sessions" on BBC 2, also available on iPlayer and the house band includes Stuart Duncan, Michael McGoldrick, Phil Cunningham and Danny Thompson (he played stand-up bass on Taratata).   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 09:46:21 PM »
When I drive at work it takes about an half hour to get there. I LOVE it to be in the car and listen to Mark's music and especial to this new album! It's quiet then and nobody disturbs me! ..........What a way to start the day. :P

It is hard to choose which songs are my favourites..........At this moment Hard Shoulder, Before Gas & TV and Monteleone are my favourites. Ohhh well I love all the songs, but Cleaning my Gun and The Car Was The One are less beautiful. ;D

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 10:58:56 PM »
I Listen to it anytime ! while driving, while eating, while beeing on internet... in my bath...
I wish i could listen it at work (instead of my boring "clients") :D and while sleeping

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 07:57:47 AM »
Me too.  I simply love it.  I've been playing it pretty much all day.  I like to listen to it in order. The first time when I got the cd last week, So far from the Clyde moved me to tears.  Prior to that I listened to So Far on Youtube. But when I listened to it with the lyric,it just made me cry.  What a beautiful song lyrically and musically !  My second fav is Border Riever, then Before gas and TV.  I love every song in this album, some more than the others that's all.  I would love more than anything listen to this cd on the most superb sound system available.  Any experts on this field regarding what are out there?  I am looking to purchase a new system.

Thanks,

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 08:45:56 AM »
definetely listen to it FAR more often then i did listen to KTGC.
but there is sooo much music out there...
i just know i love the album.
also, i have not put it on my ipod,..yet.
that will change things
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Rollergirl

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 09:08:40 AM »
My (or rather hubby's) system is http://www.primare.net/ and http://www.system-audio.com/_en-GB

I like http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/ too and not just because I used to work for them. If you don't want to spend a fortune on speakers, they have some more affordable alternatives.

Rule No 1 while choosing a hifi system: Trust your ears. If you can't hear the difference between a $2000  system and a $20000 system, buy the $2000 one, whatever the salesman says....
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 01:27:23 PM by Rollergirl »

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 10:16:23 AM »
My (or rather hubby's) system is http://www.primare.net/ and http://www.system-audio.com/_en-GB

I like http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/ too and not only because I used to work for them. If you don't want to spend a fortune on speakers, they have some more affordable alternatives.

Rule No 1 while choosing a hifi system: Trust your ears. If you can't hear the difference between a $2000  system and a $20000 system, buy the $2000 one, whatever the salesman says....

I heard a
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Rollergirl

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 12:41:10 PM »
If you hear the difference, then go for the

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 01:23:06 PM »
Me too.  I simply love it.  I've been playing it pretty much all day.  I like to listen to it in order. The first time when I got the cd last week, So far from the Clyde moved me to tears.  Prior to that I listened to So Far on Youtube. But when I listened to it with the lyric,it just made me cry.  What a beautiful song lyrically and musically !  My second fav is Border Riever, then Before gas and TV.  I love every song in this album, some more than the others that's all.  I would love more than anything listen to this cd on the most superb sound system available.  Any experts on this field regarding what are out there?  I am looking to purchase a new system.

Thanks,

You are always best to purchase hi-fi seperates and there is no better place to start than at your local hi-fi shop where they will set up your choice of amp/CD player/speakers in a room for you to listen to.  Remember to take a copy of Get Lucky with you to listen to!  It all depends on how much you want to spend but I certainly would try and save up for a good pair of speakers and speaker cables too.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 02:20:22 PM »
I would love more than anything listen to this cd on the most superb sound system available.  Any experts on this field regarding what are out there?  I am looking to purchase a new system.

Thanks,

There are no limit regarding the budget so go to an auditorium to compare what system works better to your ears and your pocket but don't forget that your home acoustic is very important and in the end this is were you will listen to it. And beware once you put you finger in...

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Rollergirl

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 08:26:12 PM »
Still haven't listened to it that much. Still not in a small box! Next time I listen will be on vynil! Should be nice!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 47 queries.