Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Teenage Cancer Trust /Buddy Holly Fundation charity project  (Read 70085 times)

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Re: Teenage Cancer Trust /Buddy Holly Fundation charity project
« Reply #465 on: February 11, 2024, 08:55:12 AM »
I got a "notification mail" now, no idea why is that. Is that a first warning from the censorship department of this board?

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #466 on: February 11, 2024, 10:04:50 AM »
I got a "notification mail" now, no idea why is that. Is that a first warning from the censorship department of this board?

LE

No warming, probably you hit the notification button. The mail said you are 'watching' this topic. So it seems an own setting you made.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
  • DS Fan since April 1987-Miami Vice episode S02E03
« Reply #467 on: February 11, 2024, 10:11:52 AM »
It is already No 2 and 8 on amazon.de music charts :clap
Love will find a Way

OfflineKris-b

• Lady writer
« Reply #468 on: February 11, 2024, 10:16:32 AM »
Mark is on BBC4 at the moment

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #469 on: February 11, 2024, 10:20:29 AM »

LE

No warming, probably you hit the notification button. The mail said you are 'watching' this topic. So it seems an own setting you made.

Okay   :lol  me and technology then. Wasn't aware. Sorry

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

OfflineKris-b

• Lady writer
« Reply #470 on: February 11, 2024, 10:21:52 AM »
Mark talkes about , Pete Townsend, Jeff Back and Sem Fender and about the new album.
Mark seemed to be on the phone.
Should be still be available later, Mark starts at about 12 min, and interview about 5 minutes
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 10:32:56 AM by Kris-b »

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #471 on: February 11, 2024, 10:53:53 AM »
Looking at the cover artwork, has anyone else noticed something weird about the photo of Guy Fletcher? He is in the middle just above Mark, his face is grey :hmm
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #472 on: February 11, 2024, 11:07:45 AM »
Personally I think this will pick up momentum prior to release when it's publicised through the individual artists media channels. A few have already put mentions on their websites, Brian May to name one, Why on earth with the names involved wouldn't this make bucketfuls of cash for a worthy cause.

Way to much over analysis and cynicism from some quarters.

A month until the release and I read that it was a fake song. I can not believe. I am asking for a little more enthusiasm and positive attitude. Regards.
There was a lot of enthusiasm for the DS live box, for the guitar auction and there is a lot of enthusiasm about One Deep River. For this one, there are mixed reactions and that's ok.
I'm not a fan of this idea that we have to find everything good or exciting just because we're fans.

Also, I think not everything should be kept this secret. What was the point of this CIA level of security regarding the TCT project? Fans noticed a stream of celebrities coming to Mark's studio, with David Gilmour and Sting being the main "spoilers", and knew something was cooking. They imagined an album full of Buddy Holly songs, duets with Mark, a new song or two maybe?

But what they got is the announcement (!), of a remake of a 1983 instrumental tune full of guitar shredding called "Guitar Heroes" coming from the man who never even considered himself a guitar hero, and was never interested in too much of guitar noodling in the first place. All these stars are playing the same tune crammed into 9 minutes... I mean, just by typing this I can understand all the frustration.

It's a little bit, itsy-bitsy anti-climactic.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 11:19:34 AM by quizzaciously »

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
« Reply #473 on: February 11, 2024, 11:28:21 AM »
I’m looking forward to hearing it……how long will it before it’s on YouTube in its entirety after its release?

As cool as a video montage would be, we all know that they weren’t all at BG playing live, the majority would have sent their parts in so getting them to film themselves too would have been over complicated.
The project has already taken two years!! I’m not sure why really, you just contact everyone who has agreed to be on it and give them a deadline to record their part by….dont you?

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #474 on: February 11, 2024, 11:32:31 AM »
Hopefully normal people will not have the same expectation than the die-hard Knopfler's fans  :wave

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #475 on: February 11, 2024, 11:39:59 AM »
A month until the release and I read that it was a fake song. I can not believe. I am asking for a little more enthusiasm and positive attitude. Regards.
There was a lot of enthusiasm for the DS live box, for the guitar auction and there is a lot of enthusiasm about One Deep River. For this one, there are mixed reactions and that's ok.
I'm not a fan of this idea that we have to find everything good or exciting just because we're fans.

Indeed. Some of the happy clappers on Facebook say that anyone who doesn’t lavish praise on every single thing MK does are not “real” fans.

So I guess we have a few imaginary fans on here.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #476 on: February 11, 2024, 11:46:50 AM »
I’m looking forward to hearing it……how long will it before it’s on YouTube in its entirety after its release?

As cool as a video montage would be, we all know that they weren’t all at BG playing live, the majority would have sent their parts in so getting them to film themselves too would have been over complicated.
The project has already taken two years!! I’m not sure why really, you just contact everyone who has agreed to be on it and give them a deadline to record their part by….dont you?

It has to be released on YouTube officially, the question is more like will it be leaked before the official release or not? :lol

Yes, I think most of the time was spent clearing all the rights, doing paperwork and stuff like that. All these men are professionals and recorded their parts in the amount of time it takes to listen to them. Not sure recording the video portion is complicated. I mean Mark bothered to record himself in multiple takes over the green screen for his Dion collaboration recently, and we just got "Ahead Of The Game" filmed professionally, so it's not an impossible thing to ask.

I hope at least to see the biggest guys (Eric, David, Sting, Ringo, The Who, etc.) playing.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #477 on: February 11, 2024, 11:57:55 AM »
Hopefully normal people will not have the same expectation than the die-hard Knopfler's fans  :wave

The funny thing is normal people are OVER THE TOP about this, and rightfully so. Die-hards are on the opposite side of the spectrum, overly frustrated, probably rightfully so as well. It's not fair to think that die-hards are always grumpy, and normal fans are always happy. I genuinely think it could be done better, the whole campaign. Not like we can change anything anyway. But the fact is — expectations were built, purposefully or not, and then destroyed, purposefully or not. Die-hard fans are still people, and it's a balancing act to try to please both sides. But Mark is not the type of guy who's had a great history of pleasing die-hard fans :lol

OfflineMarkus

• Camerado
« Reply #478 on: February 11, 2024, 12:15:39 PM »
On Brian May's website, the guitarists pictured are listed by name. Unfortunately, they are difficult to read.

Markus

MK DTRW Tour : Germany - Mannheim - SAP Arena - 2019-Jul-06

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #479 on: February 11, 2024, 12:47:31 PM »
This one better Markus?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 39 queries.