Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Studio Diary 2022  (Read 29453 times)

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
Re: Studio Diary 2022
« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2023, 08:09:26 PM »
Does anyone know how long it takes to mix an album? Is an April 2023 release still possible?

OnlineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2023, 08:33:15 PM »
Does anyone know how long it takes to mix an album? Is an April 2023 release still possible?

I thought and hoped for spring, but I don't think it's possible. Mixing, mastering, graphics. And vinyl albums that delay everything.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2023, 10:09:32 AM »

He said that in a few week he will be mixing the TCT project so I guess MK album would be already mixed in a few weeks, or they would pause the MK album mixes to do the another ones. But Guy says THEY ARE ALMOST AT THE MIXING STAGE, so they are not mixing yet...

However, mixing is not the problem. Looks like producing LP's takes between four and five months of queue and manufacturing, so I would bet for September as release date, as sooner.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 10:14:08 AM by jbaent »
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2023, 10:24:43 AM »
I wonder how many physical copies MK sells these days.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineNeville Sherman

• Camerado
« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2023, 11:13:50 AM »
I reckon he still has pulling power of three or four hundred thousand or so but not sure if this would include downloads also. As good as his music is, not sure that with the passage of time et al, he is a million selling artist anymore. . . . .

Offlinewakeywakey

• Camerado
« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2023, 11:20:59 AM »

Surely the question should be:I wonder how many album streams MK gets these days? ;D
As for the vinyl if it hasn't already been booked the waiting list for the better pressing plants is 6 months.
Quite a few artists are now releasing vinyl later than cds/downloads/streaming and as sales for the new MK are likely to be low having a coordinated release won't really matter.
He said no more touring so any show(s)would be a nice surprise.
His health is the reason why I was hoping LH Musical would be canned.I'd much rather have new songs/albums from him than so much time wasted/spent on LH(even though I really enjoyed seeing it.)

OfflineNeville Sherman

• Camerado
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2023, 11:30:35 AM »
Maybe also with the number of songs that the gang having been recorded in February and November last year the 'next album' is already in the bag so to speak and might be released a short time after what's coming this year? Didn't Springsteen in fact release two albums on the same day once back in the 90's?? Who knows what the pathway is.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2023, 11:40:11 AM »
Maybe also with the number of songs that the gang having been recorded in February and November last year the 'next album' is already in the bag so to speak and might be released a short time after what's coming this year? Didn't Springsteen in fact release two albums on the same day once back in the 90's?? Who knows what the pathway is.

Yes, Human Touch and Lucky Town.

Guns and Roses did the same a year earlier, in fact they knocked DS off the number one slot here in the UK when they did so.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2023, 11:41:05 AM »
PS, according to streaming services his latest release is Cinematic Knopfler, a compilation of film music.

hunter

« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2023, 12:16:48 PM »
I really hope he doesn't go for a double release. To me, Mark has become a bit of songwriting "machine", and he has released a number of very ordinary, almost mediocre, tracks.

OfflineChrisGlastonbury

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2023, 12:25:43 PM »

Surely the question should be:I wonder how many album streams MK gets these days? ;D
As for the vinyl if it hasn't already been booked the waiting list for the better pressing plants is 6 months.
Quite a few artists are now releasing vinyl later than cds/downloads/streaming and as sales for the new MK are likely to be low having a coordinated release won't really matter.
His health is the reason why I was hoping LH Musical would be canned.I'd much rather have new songs/albums from him than so much time wasted/spent on LH(even though I really enjoyed seeing it.)

Has he definitely said no more tours?

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2023, 06:26:50 PM »

He said that in a few week he will be mixing the TCT project so I guess MK album would be already mixed in a few weeks, or they would pause the MK album mixes to do the another ones. But Guy says THEY ARE ALMOST AT THE MIXING STAGE, so they are not mixing yet...

However, mixing is not the problem. Looks like producing LP's takes between four and five months of queue and manufacturing, so I would bet for September as release date, as sooner.

Did Guy not say about a year ago that album already was delayed because of pressing LP. Later they decided to record more songs. So i hope this not means they have a new date again for pressing the LP meaning it will be later again.......

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2023, 12:10:22 PM »

The Local Hero Musical features MK songs, some of them very beautiful that could be easily on any of his records.

Also, he recorded enough songs to release one album per year for sure, and all of them would be of quality, think that for some of his previous records, some of the bonus tracks were very very good, if he had saved them, he could had released all of them in a cd and it would had been top quality too.

I don't know where I read they already recorded 25 songs for this new record, so they are not really wasting time in Local Hero or other stuff, it´s just that Mk is slow, as he sings himself.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinemarki

• Local Hero

OnlineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2023, 05:28:59 PM »
Wow! Beautiful harp :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 38 queries.