Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Introducing: The JAPANESE Promotional Lady Writer/Sultans of swing 12-inch  (Read 1664 times)

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Hi folks. This record is really bad-ass, a collection of it´s own. According to my experience in collecting vinyl records this could be the ONE AND ONLY japanese 12-inch-maxi-single record. I know that are a lot of other stars, which had released 12-inch records in Japan, incl. Nena (German singing artist), or Springsteen.

A Japanese 12-inch promotional-record. Released through the Nippon-Phonogram-company, which holded the Vertigo-label in those days in Japan. Special white-label edition with special catalogue-number SNP-88, JASRAC-inscription (Jasrac is the Japanese variant to GEMA, BIEM, STEMRA or other copyright agencies), and a special promotional inscription in Japanese writing.

2-Track 12-Inch single feat: Lady Writer and Sultans of swing. Possibly pressed in tiny quantities for Japanese Radiostations and DJs.  Just have a closer look to the cover. It is a white cardboard-cover with a red 45-rpm-stamp and with regular Lady Writer and Sultans of swing-7-inch-covers pasted on front and back. This record is incredibly rare and i have waited for years to add it to my collection. I have seen only two copies in the last years on the marketplaces, all with the unique cover. Possibly handmade for that promo-record. Soundquality is the best, but that fact is known to all vinyl-collectors, which own Japanese vinyls.
Release date is not so clear to me, possibly in the early 1980s. The vinyl is a little bit shiny, transluscent. Be patient, very patient for exploring a pristine copy, and spare some money, because it is not a low-price-valued record. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 03:35:28 PM by Klaus74 »
We are fools to make war

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.026 seconds with 39 queries.