Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Introducing: The Dire Straits Picture-Disc Interview record Baktabak  (Read 1636 times)

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Hello again, vinyl-nerds everywhere.
So i will continue with my Introducing-Series for obscure or rare DS and MK vinyls to the collector, especially for the newbies in that field.
Here we have a nice Pictue-LP of Dire Straits with an Interview on both sides. Record-Company is BAKTABAK UK. Baktabak was a UK-based record-label of doubtful legality specialized in Interview-Picture-Discs in the 1980s.
That label released many really beautiful Picture-Discs by various well known artists and bands, incl. Dire Straits.  Possibly released in 1985-88, but i´m not really sure.The used pictures for that discs show Mark and Jack in 1985 and the B-Side shows Mark also in around 1985.
On the record you will hear an interview from the 1980s. Soundquality is average till good. That record is also limited edition, but i don´t know the limitation exactely.
Just for fun, to add an interesting record to your DS vinyl-collection it is worth. With a little luck you can grab a pristine copy for not so much money.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 10:50:12 PM by Klaus74 »
We are fools to make war

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.016 seconds with 37 queries.