Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Interview in Finnish newspaper  (Read 4544 times)

OnlineSilvertown

• Lady writer
Interview in Finnish newspaper
« on: November 03, 2018, 08:18:21 AM »
There is a one page interview with Mark in the biggest Finnish newspaper this morning. Surprisingly, nothing total new :) However, something new about RRHOF. First Mark says that he was too busy to attend, but finally the interviewer gets the extra explanation: "I have nothing against the nomination. However, they started to dictate what I should do. That´s not the way I do things".

About Dire Straits tours something like "too much people, too big facilities, too much drugs".

About Legacy and Experience: " I think we will intervene these. Nothing against tribute bands, but I don´t like the way they do it like it would be the real deal".

Love Expresso

Re: Interview in Finnish newspaper
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 08:29:20 AM »
"Drugs" would be interesting enough to have  the article as accurate as possible. That would be totally new to hear as a statement. If he refers to the early days of the band, I fully understand. But to use that as a  reason for the Dire Straits end-up, I would assume something more went around than just grass...

Also the other remarks are not typical MK style. He is never so direct and open..

I often suspect that many Interviewers put together something to make it more interesting. But no offence meant. Is it possible to get it as detailed as possible?

LE

OnlineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 08:39:22 AM »
"Drugs" would be interesting enough to have  the article as accurate as possible. That would be totally new to hear as a statement. If he refers to the early days of the band, I fully understand. But to use that as a  reason for the Dire Straits end-up, I would assume something more went around than just grass...

Also the other remarks are not typical MK style. He is never so direct and open..

I often suspect that many Interviewers put together something to make it more interesting. But no offence meant. Is it possible to get it as detailed as possible?

LE

Yes, it is impossible to say if Mark used the word "drugs" in English or some other word, which could mean everything including alcohol. However, it is translated in Finnish like meaning illegal substances. In addition, drugs might surely refer to other persons than in the band.

I try to write those sentences: Being a superstar was not suitable for Knopfler. He says that he "misses nothing from that era". "I am happy that my life is not similar any more. We were like touring circus, which had too many people, too much stage technology, too much drugs. I felt myself estranged from all that"

Feel free to read :D https://www.hs.fi/kulttuuri/art-2000005886087.html

P.S. writer is the drummer of this band
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 08:52:29 AM by Silvertown »

Love Expresso

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 10:51:16 AM »
Hey many thanks!  :thumbsup

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 12:34:36 PM »
The reason he doesn't get on with Phil Palmer and the big fall out in the early stages of the OES tour?  :think
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 02:22:46 PM »
There is a one page interview with Mark in the biggest Finnish newspaper this morning. Surprisingly, nothing total new :) However, something new about RRHOF. First Mark says that he was too busy to attend, but finally the interviewer gets the extra explanation: "I have nothing against the nomination. However, they started to dictate what I should do. That´s not the way I do things".

About Dire Straits tours something like "too much people, too big facilities, too much drugs".

About Legacy and Experience: " I think we will intervene these. Nothing against tribute bands, but I don´t like the way they do it like it would be the real deal".

Would be extremely interesting to know the details, what RRHOF started to dictate, what the drugs and what the interventions against Legacy and Experience. I guess there's nothing in the article.

A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 03:57:51 PM »

Would be extremely interesting to know the details, what RRHOF started to dictate, what the drugs and what the interventions against Legacy and Experience. I guess there's nothing in the article.

My guess is the HOF told Mark what songs to play and who would be on stage with him. Drugs? He's most likely talking about the crew, not the band, since he says himself it got out of hand because there were too many people involved. Re tribute bands it's probably the easiest one to guess, he doesn't want them to use the name Dire Straits as they are pretending to be what they aren't.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2018, 04:02:01 PM »
Re tribute bands it's probably the easiest one to guess, he doesn't want them to use the name Dire Straits as they are pretending to be what they aren't.

He already cleared that, the guess is about what kind of intervention exactly
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

hunter

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2018, 07:48:48 PM »
Unusually frank interview for Mark. Interesting.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2022, 08:44:10 PM »
What was the reason for the interview? He does not give a lot interviews and why now?

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2022, 08:47:54 PM »
It is from 2018 i see now  :smack :smack

OfflinePeter1981

• Camerado
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2022, 10:43:53 PM »
hm, you got me wondering; what big fall out would that be?

The reason he doesn't get on with Phil Palmer and the big fall out in the early stages of the OES tour?  :think

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2022, 11:35:17 AM »
hm, you got me wondering; what big fall out would that be?

It has been well documented that all was not well from the very early stages of the tour and relationships were strained.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 45 queries.