Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark interviewed about MM and LOG (radio/podcast show)  (Read 4271 times)

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
Re: Mark interviewed about MM and LOG (radio/podcast show)
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2023, 08:57:43 PM »
I remember an interview about the Mandela concert where MK says something like he wasn't aware of how big it was until he read it next day, that he just ended the concert, went home, had a soup and got to bed.
which is bullshit, really, i mean, he stood there, in front of a sold out 90K+ crowd and did not realise this was a slightly bigger thing?

And of course his Clapton introduction mentioning JS's new babies - 'Just waited for this moment so that 600 million people could congratulate you for that'.

Of course he was aware....

I don't think he was really referring to the concert but to the impact the concert had in changing public opinion of Mandela.  It was very much a landmark moment.

Exactly my thoughts!

Mark was always a bit uncomfortable with politics and charity in general. How did he put it, something like he liked to go about good works in a quiet way rather than with a blaze of publicity. Perhaps this is another case of self deprecation.

Great day, great memories...

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2023, 10:20:15 PM »
I remember an interview about the Mandela concert where MK says something like he wasn't aware of how big it was until he read it next day, that he just ended the concert, went home, had a soup and got to bed.
which is bullshit, really, i mean, he stood there, in front of a sold out 90K+ crowd and did not realise this was a slightly bigger thing?

And of course his Clapton introduction mentioning JS's new babies - 'Just waited for this moment so that 600 million people could congratulate you for that'.

Of course he was aware....

I don't think he was really referring to the concert but to the impact the concert had in changing public opinion of Mandela.  It was very much a landmark moment.

Exactly my thoughts!

Mark was always a bit uncomfortable with politics and charity in general. How did he put it, something like he liked to go about good works in a quiet way rather than with a blaze of publicity. Perhaps this is another case of self deprecation.

Great day, great memories...

:thumbsup
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2023, 10:20:54 PM »
"Perhaps this is another case of self deprecation"

It sounds interesting.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 39 queries.