Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: No Tour with the new album.  (Read 42391 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: No Tour with the new album.
« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2023, 09:54:43 PM »
Peter Gabriel has started a concert tour in Poland. It's sad that we won't see Mark on stage ever again  :(

That's the same that Dylan fans say but for the contrary.

;D
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #166 on: May 20, 2023, 12:59:18 AM »
Peter Gabriel has started a concert tour in Poland. It's sad that we won't see Mark on stage ever again  :(

That's the same that Dylan fans say but for the contrary.

;D

I am currently hesitating for going to see Mr Bob in Lyon at the end of june
I saw him in 84 and was very disapointed
I don't know if I should try another one or not  :think

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #167 on: May 20, 2023, 01:44:28 AM »
No one should be wondering whether to go to a Peter Gabriel concert.

The only and big downside is ticket prices. Worldwide. It's crazy :o
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #168 on: May 20, 2023, 12:35:33 PM »
Sorry for the late reply but I feel like sharing my two cents about the Tour\Live shows subject..

1. I was in the show in Newcastle, and right after he said he's to old for touring, he added that he just love it too much. Not in this precise words or order but there was definitely a glimmer of hope. So, while it might not be an European tour, I still hope for some live concerts in London.

2. Knopfler's work is so much more than just singing or guitar playing. He's a true master of his music, and that's what I love about him. His music is so full and elegant and nothing would ever change that. Of course, I would love to hear him play like he used to, but it's a small part of the whole show. I have to highlight the live version of 'Heart Full of Holes.' I knew the song before, and honestly, it was never one of my favorites. I was even disappointed it was on the setlist. But after hearing it live, it all changed for me. It's now one of my top five favorite songs. And you know there's some tough competition. He might not sing the best or play the toughest songs, but you can't deny that it's HIS song and HIS arrangement, and a damn good one at that. It's a lot thanks to the band's contribution and performance, mainly McCusker. I think the fiddle part on the outro of this song is his finest, but it's never all of it. What I'm trying to say is that if there were to be a live concert with performances like HFOH, it would be perfect in a way he could never have managed to do ten years ago or so.

3. I can't accept total retirement from live performance as long as there is no live recorded version of So Far From the Clyde. This song just screams for a live arrangement, especially with that amazing group of musicians, it is one of his best songs, and it's an absolute sin that it was never played live (as far as I know, please correct me if I'm wrong).
:thumbsup
But it is what it is.
Everybody is looking for somebody's arms to fall into.
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #169 on: May 20, 2023, 01:16:21 PM »
Sorry for the late reply but I feel like sharing my two cents about the Tour\Live shows subject..

1. I was in the show in Newcastle, and right after he said he's to old for touring, he added that he just love it too much. Not in this precise words or order but there was definitely a glimmer of hope. So, while it might not be an European tour, I still hope for some live concerts in London.

2. Knopfler's work is so much more than just singing or guitar playing. He's a true master of his music, and that's what I love about him. His music is so full and elegant and nothing would ever change that. Of course, I would love to hear him play like he used to, but it's a small part of the whole show. I have to highlight the live version of 'Heart Full of Holes.' I knew the song before, and honestly, it was never one of my favorites. I was even disappointed it was on the setlist. But after hearing it live, it all changed for me. It's now one of my top five favorite songs. And you know there's some tough competition. He might not sing the best or play the toughest songs, but you can't deny that it's HIS song and HIS arrangement, and a damn good one at that. It's a lot thanks to the band's contribution and performance, mainly McCusker. I think the fiddle part on the outro of this song is his finest, but it's never all of it. What I'm trying to say is that if there were to be a live concert with performances like HFOH, it would be perfect in a way he could never have managed to do ten years ago or so.

3. I can't accept total retirement from live performance as long as there is no live recorded version of So Far From the Clyde. This song just screams for a live arrangement, especially with that amazing group of musicians, it is one of his best songs, and it's an absolute sin that it was never played live (as far as I know, please correct me if I'm wrong).

If that's what you like then you could have just about anybody to front the band.  I was under the impression he did the live arrangements these days alongside Guy, who's given the title Musical Director, so you don't need him for that and HFOH is really the brass and McCusker.

Also I think he really struggles with his vocals now.  They're very weak and he noticeably had to adjust his phrasing in 2019.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #170 on: May 20, 2023, 03:44:38 PM »

Also I think he really struggles with his vocals now.  They're very weak and he noticeably had to adjust his phrasing in 2019.

He had for the first time a teleprompter to help with the lyrics during the last tour, I guess that means something too.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2023, 04:22:44 PM »
Teleprompter was most helpful to Bonnie Raitt during Wherever I Go  :D
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2023, 04:48:37 PM »

Teleprompter still doesn't help Joe Biden.  Repeat the line.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2023, 05:45:34 PM »

Teleprompter still doesn't help Joe Biden.  Repeat the line.
The www loves to see him acting, it's good for mental health
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

OfflineMartin Birds Lover

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2023, 02:53:46 PM »

Also I think he really struggles with phentermine over the counter his vocals now.  They're very weak and he noticeably had to adjust his phrasing in 2019.

He had for the first time a teleprompter to help with the lyrics during the last tour, I guess that means something too.

That's a good initiative I think.
We should hope for the good outcome.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 12:33:58 PM by Martin Birds Lover »

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #175 on: June 08, 2023, 06:23:53 AM »
I watched footage of John Fogerty's current tour. That man is running around on stage, full of energy, born 1945, hats off for still having that pace. If only MK would still have that, we might have seen another tour with the next album...

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #176 on: June 08, 2023, 09:03:54 AM »
It's not the age of someone, it's the health, and if they really want to do it or not, if their hearts not really into playing live anymore, why would they? I am happy Mark has stopped touring, I have lots of personal memories of seeing him, and lots of video's on YouTube, it's new songs I am more interested in now.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #177 on: June 08, 2023, 10:03:18 AM »
I watched footage of John Fogerty's current tour. That man is running around on stage, full of energy, born 1945, hats off for still having that pace. If only MK would still have that, we might have seen another tour with the next album...

If only Elvis hadn't died, we could be having great Elvis gigs this year.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Onlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #178 on: June 08, 2023, 10:04:24 AM »
It's not the age of someone, it's the health, and if they really want to do it or not, if their hearts not really into playing live anymore, why would they? I am happy Mark has stopped touring, I have lots of personal memories of seeing him, and lots of video's on YouTube, it's new songs I am more interested in now.

Agree!
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #179 on: June 09, 2023, 08:23:38 AM »
To quote Indian Jones:
"It's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
I watch videos of Mark and the whole band from the Brothers In Arms tour, and he is absolutely drained  near the tours end, they gave it there all after such a long tour, one of the longest ever by any band, so, I am not surprised he has ended touring, he did do a lot of it over his long career, and he is in a very lucky place to be able to make that choice. 
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 38 queries.