Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: No Tour with the new album.  (Read 41965 times)

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
No Tour with the new album.
« on: January 19, 2023, 05:52:39 PM »
The word is out. Guy just on his forum about the next tour...

Sadly we may well have already done our final tour.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
Re: No Tour with the new album.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 05:59:24 PM »
 :(
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Onlinenaif

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 06:12:35 PM »
An era has officially come to an end. And it's clear again what an honorable man Mark is. A lot of rockers could go back to milking the cow like they used to. There's an end to everything. And I'm happy that it's a fitting end for Mark. I can't wait for the new album.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 06:33:08 PM »
An era has officially come to an end. And it's clear again what an honorable man Mark is. A lot of rockers could go back to milking the cow like they used to. There's an end to everything. And I'm happy that it's a fitting end for Mark. I can't wait for the new album.

It's exactly how I feel and I'm really looking forward to the new album now.  Thanks to Mark for so many wonderful shows! :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2023, 06:58:20 PM »
I know what you all mean and you are right. Still i was hoping for some small tour. Like EC did last year in UK/Europe..

Offlinemarki

• Local Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2023, 07:42:53 PM »
I bet there will be some kind of “small” live appearances from Mark.
No tour (which I find reasonable. I always thought that DTRW tour was far too intense with no reason) but we haven’t seen the last live MK performance yet.

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2023, 07:47:25 PM »
As naif said above, I'm also happy he goes out on his own terms. Thanks to him and the Band for so many years on the road!

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2023, 08:23:56 PM »
"An era has officially come to an end"

It's true.
Clear as the day

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2023, 10:08:29 PM »
If Guy is so spoken about this on his forum perhaps MK will make some kind of statement about it anytime soon?

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2023, 10:44:23 PM »
If Guy is so spoken about this on his forum perhaps MK will make some kind of statement about it anytime soon?
No need. He announced he was going to retire at every show of the 2019 tour.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2023, 11:34:09 PM »
No need. He announced he was going to retire at every show of the 2019 tour.
Only the first shows and later went on saying they play till they all fall over but okay, i understand what you mean.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 11:36:11 PM by cannibals »

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2023, 01:24:17 PM »
Guy did use the word "may" which doesn't put the conclusion on the matter I would like.  However, his turn of phrase suggests this is what he means.

I think this is a belated decision as the 2019 shows were a step too far.  He was really struggling at times and he knows that himself for sure.  This is why he doesn't want to limp on.  He really should've called it a day after 2013.  I loved going to the shows and meeting up with fans here but I don't want to see Mark in bad shape.

For people wanting more shows I really don't know what you are wanting to see on stage - your hero embarrass himself?  It would be 5 years after the last tour before the next shows and he was really struggling in 2019.  Serious question.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2023, 01:35:17 PM »
Seems we had been discussing about this from long ago and we still don't want to believe...

Since he said in Barcelona, and all the next shows that touring was over, I had clear it was over, he would never said it in public if it wasn't true.

Other thing is if he still wants to play a few shows here and there, but, touring? that's over for good.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2023, 01:37:30 PM »
Guy did use the word "may" which doesn't put the conclusion on the matter I would like.  However, his turn of phrase suggests this is what he means.

I think this is a belated decision as the 2019 shows were a step too far.  He was really struggling at times and he knows that himself for sure.  This is why he doesn't want to limp on.  He really should've called it a day after 2013.  I loved going to the shows and meeting up with fans here but I don't want to see Mark in bad shape.

For people wanting more shows I really don't know what you are wanting to see on stage - your hero embarrass himself?  It would be 5 years after the last tour before the next shows and he was really struggling in 2019.  Serious question.

Well even though he may have been struggling a bit, it was not that bad, come on. No way near embarrassing. 
I remember the two 2019 concerts I attended as absolutely stunning. We got tracks not played live for many years, and even though he was not playing as 5 or 10 years ago, it was still fantastic. If those were the last times I saw the man then it is what it is.   

Cheers Peter

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2023, 01:41:18 PM »

Well even though he may have been struggling a bit, it was not that bad, come on. No way near embarrassing. 
I remember the two 2019 concerts I attended as absolutely stunning. We got tracks not played live for many years, and even though he was not playing as 5 or 10 years ago, it was still fantastic. If those were the last times I saw the man then it is what it is.   

:thumbsup Exactly!

Clear as the day

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 37 queries.