Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Overall best performed live composition / best band execution of a MK song?  (Read 2678 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
I think Done with Bonaparte is much better on the Live Roadrunning album than Golden Heart. Has a much more authentic feel.

Any live version is better than the album version of that song. I don’t dislike the original but it “sparkles” so much more when done live. 2005 wasn’t amazing-much better with a violin.

But the album version IS live. If you listen to golden demos, you can hear that it's pretty much the final version save for overdubbed electric guitar. I'm a huge fan of the album version, I wish Mark would play it at least once with electric bass, but he would always play it with a double bass! The album version evokes nostalgia and emotions never achieved by live versions, hovewer, live versions with double bass are fun in their own way.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
I think Done with Bonaparte is much better on the Live Roadrunning album than Golden Heart. Has a much more authentic feel.

Any live version is better than the album version of that song. I don’t dislike the original but it “sparkles” so much more when done live. 2005 wasn’t amazing-much better with a violin.

But the album version IS live. If you listen to golden demos, you can hear that it's pretty much the final version save for overdubbed electric guitar. I'm a huge fan of the album version, I wish Mark would play it at least once with electric bass, but he would always play it with a double bass! The album version evokes nostalgia and emotions never achieved by live versions, hovewer, live versions with double bass are fun in their own way.

I agree. I prefer studio version over all live versions, especially for the licks on stratocaster

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 38 queries.