Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: sulatns of swing cover... well an attempt to...  (Read 1351 times)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
sulatns of swing cover... well an attempt to...
« on: February 26, 2023, 09:03:31 PM »
I share with you this video where I play and sing Sultans at the monthly jam of the "Vache rouge" (Lyon-France) last Wednesday :

I am fully aware of the more than average level of performance, and I know for sure that many musicians do it 10 times better than me. And yes, I play with a pick, because the last time I did it with my fingers and I didn't have enough power. And there, even with the pick ("the best amplifier" according to Mark😉) I can't be heard!

Sound problem as I explain in the full review of the evening: https://textes-blog-rock-n-roll.fr/un-boeuf-seventies-a-la-vache-rouge/

so here it is : the only version of Sultans where you can hardly hear the guitar! 😂😂

BUT : YouTube identified Sultans of swing in the search for copyrights in reference to a live version of Mark Knopfler in Minneapolis on 17/07/2015... proof that despite the poor sound quality, we managed to make something that sounds (almost) like the song! 😃😄

OfflinePierre

• Camerado
    • Youtube channel
Re: sulatns of swing cover... well an attempt to...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 07:05:22 PM »

Not that bad, it's a shame your guitar wasn't loud enough but the overall performance is enjoyable, I like the addition of the harmonica, The final is really good I think. In my band we do have a harmonica player I will send your version to him to see if he can make something of it as he is usually left out when we play our version of sultans that I won't be posting here for sure.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 09:45:02 AM »
Nothing bad with playing MK's music with a pick, it's bad only when you're supposed to "copy" it, which is impossible anyway. I just posted a video in this thread of a guy playing "Money For Nothing" with a pick and it sounds fantastic. So thanks for sharing, the more MK's music gets played, the better :clap

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 07:57:36 PM »
thanks Pierre and Pavel  :wave

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 36 queries.